SU9--Rex Weather Force CTDs

Hello. Since updating MSFS to SU9, Rex Weather Force is crashing immediately after loading real-world weather.

1 Like

Yes, this is a known incompatibility with Weather Force. REX is aware and currently working on the issue. To stay up to date you can follow in Discord.

Thanks! I had a feeling it wasn’t just me!

The thing is, is that I have been using REX Weather Force since it came out and have loved it, though since SU9 the live weather has been awesome and the new effects such as buffeting and light turbulence have improved drastically. Can honestly say I have been enjoying not using it.

1 Like

I’ve heard similar reports, and used live weather for the first time yesterday since August of last year. It seemed very much improved.

Time will tell for consistency (Rex was always on, live weather seemed to be spotty).

1 Like

It may be a silly question but I have been using Weather force up until today that it keeps crashing, now I wanna use the inbuild weather from MSFS2020 but somehow it won’t allow me to activate, the switch keeps going back to offline. I am missing something?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Look under General Options \ Data \ Live Weather. Make sure you have live features enabled.

1 Like

Sorted out, thanks man.

1 Like

Very unfortunate. Live weather for some reason only loads clouds for me 25% of the time. Now I can’t use REX until it’s fixed. I’d prefer to use in sim live weather but it just doesn’t work and I’ve tried multiple work arounds. All with relatively low success rate.

Make a custom firewall rule to allow both in and out using this as your custom program location. Bear in mind that you have to change the drive letter to match your drive letter and this is for the MS Store version not steam.

F:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

I’ll try that. That’s one of many I haven’t done yet.

The update is out for SU9.

Hopefully it helps! A few sim updates back I was having issues with connection with random disconnects and low bandwidth notifications even though when testing my internet when this occurred everything was working just fine. I noticed that the folder where the FlightSimulator.exe located has the name changed every update but I don’t get a notification to let MS through, which in all actuality you would expect to. I don’t experience any connection issues since I have added the firewall rule manually. :slightly_smiling_face:

Same Issue here… :frowning:

The SU9 fix / release was posted a couple days ago. You’ll have to download and install.

2 Likes

Thanks for your post. I was considering purchasing REX, however, will stick to live weather.