"Successfully installed GNS 430/530" - What?

Upon starting the simulator this morning, I was immediately greeted by this notification: “You have successfully installed Garmin GNS 430/530”. And it really is installed in my Content Manager.

But I never clicked on it in the marketplace. Why did it install all by itself? Is this something forced on everyone, even before the official January update?

I’m not in any Beta. :man_shrugging:

that is forced… like G1000nxi
that is same WorkingTitle.
now… you must do ‘intercept’ after takeoff

As far as I know the GNS 430/530 will become the default in January. The G1000NXi never installed from the marketplace all by itself. It was included in SU10. But now this marketplace item simply downloaded by itself, that’s what I don’t understand. I’d rather wait until it’s finished and included as default.

I removed the pack and restarting the sim didn’t reinstall it. I’m just uncomfortable with the sim thinking by itself and installing things I never chose. What’s next, it will buy planes for me without my consent?

Yes, I get where you are coming from.

I like to know what I am installing too on my PC which is why I always opt, wherever possible, for a manual installation over an installation exe when installing or updating programs.Obviously though we can’t do this with Flight Simulator and we are somewhat at the mercy of Asobo. Even when we do manual installations though I suppose we don’t really have that much control and must have trust in the integrity of the developer

As for the sim buying planes etc you can always remove any credit card details/paypal authorisations for peace of mind :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello,

This was not intentional. We have asked the team to look into this, since this package in its current form should not have been marked as mandatory.

6 Likes

Can confirm no problems on my end also,

as Matt mentioned, sim didn’t force install their package without my permission.

1 Like

Hello Bishop,

I found the 530 update after the last early Dec update (around a fortnight or so anyway) and was only made aware of this when I encountered various autopilot issues and these were resolved when I was able to remove a 7.52mb update via Content Manager and all has been well since.

My question, is this. If the current update was partial or in some way incomplete, will the eventual mandatory update be less likely to cause any issues and be more fully rounded?

Congratulations on all that you and your team have already achieved. I look forward along with others to whatever else you can bring to the party.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.