Sudden Pc shut down

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

yes

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

my pc shut down without after half an hour of playing

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

i wen to computer store he tested psu and there is not proplem at all cleand my case and everything of dirt turned off fast startup mod

**PC specs and/or peripheral set up:**ķ

gtx 1060 3gb
I5 4590
16gb
Be quiet l11 500w
2Hdd500gb

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

pc turn off without any message

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi. It sure sounds like a power supply issue. It cant keep up with the power demanded so it shuts down.

Although that gpu doesnt draw that much power, the power supplies do tend to get old with time so it could be it. Do you nknow if its a certified power supply?

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

NO

@Hazme150
There could be several reasons why your PC is shutting down while playing: overheating, power supply issues,driver issues,hardware issues,software issues,power settings,overclocking …

Check Event Viewer: Windows event viewer can provide insights into what caused the shutdown.

1 Like

I had an issue with my PC shutting down randomly and after re-seating the memory I no longer have the issue. I had been inside the case upgrading the gpu and had lightly bumped a memory stick.

This is not a FS bug, it’s your PSU dying…

Hi @Hazme150

I’ve moved this topic from the SU15 Beta category to the Hardware & Peripherals section of the forums, as there is no indication that the simulator and more specifically the SU15 beta is causing your issues.

As other users have indicated, your PC shutting off could be caused by a multitude of other issues, not just a power supply.

Thanks,
The MSFS Team

OP, have you downloaded monitoring software like OpenHardwareMonitor

I keep a minimal overlay on my desktop at all times so I can keep an eye on CPU and CPU temps.

In your case, one of the possible causes of your shutdowns is the CPU reaching its thermal limit. This can be caused by multiple things, including the thermal paste getting too old. Your CPU was launched in 2014, and discontinued in 2017. Chances are that your thermal paste is at least 6-7 years old.

You need to see what those temps are doing during flights.

I was fighting with the same issue for the last few months. It happened only in MSFS. No synthetic test (OCCT, Furmark, Cinebench, …) or other games allowed me to replicate it.

First I swapped my RAM, because when doing a memtest it actually found some issues … didn’t help.
Then I swapped my power supply reading something about mine having protections that might kick in and cause this… didn’t fully help although it was a bit better.
Lastly I swapped my GPU … and so far so good :slight_smile:

It’s a very hard issue to diagnose. The individual components might actually be OK and have no issues 99,99% of the time. But in combination, under extreme load, some protection trips and the PC is immediately shut down.

I did GPU last because I didn’t consider it could be causing this. From what I understand the only 2 components that can cause an instant reboot/shutdown are the CPU and PSU, and maybe the motherboard. A failing GPU should show some artifacts or just a blank screen, but shouldn’t reboot the PC. I don’t think it has control over it. Temps were within limits all the time. No OC.

Yes i even send the psu to someone how tested it and it is working perfectly.i tested in other games and the pc dosn’t shut down at all.

I would test it this way. Set all the graphic settings at minimum so as to have the gpu working as light as possible. Particularly the frame downsampling, set it at 10. Play the game for a while and see if the problem goes away. If it does go away, it would point to the gpu/psu combination.

Im not overlocking the cpu dosen’t get higher than 60 as well as gpu

I updated the sim to su 15 beta and its run better now i will test it one more time but till now it didn’t shut down
And i forgot to mention that shutdown only happens during loading a new flight or after one hour using vatsim

That is actually an important point. The loading sequence is cpu intensive.

Idk but somehow su 15 fixed it i tried landing at 20 diffrent airport and my pc didn’t shut down till now