Suddenly experiencing lots of stuttering, system-wide freezes, Live Kernel Event 141

Hello everyone

I hadn’t played FS2020 for about the last 5 months. Now that some new plane add-ons and stuff came out, I started playing again. However, I am now experiencing problems I never had before.

1st problem: The game’s performance is a catastrophe. I still have my average 50fps at Ultra settings, however I get stutters and fps drops as soon as I move the camera (or when the plane makes a turn). It is especially bad in the outside view, there I get drops down to 5 fps when moving around.
Every other game is running fine as always, I have absolutely no problems with the temperatures of my components. Also, I didn’t change any hardware since I played the last time in winter 2021. All I did was upgrade to Windows 11.

2nd problem: In the outside view I regularly get freezes that are affecting my whole system (no reaction to mouse movements, keyboard shortcuts etc) lasting up to 30 seconds. Windows reliability monitor shows a hardware error with “Live Kernel Event 141”. The event viewer says “driver nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has been restored”.

I already tried the following:

• disabling GPU undervolting
  • upgrading the graphics driver
  • upgrading the chipset drivers
  • reinstalling MSFS
  • disabling G-Sync
  • emptying community folder

I just don’t understand how this game that has been running fine on my system since its release in 2020 can suddenly have that much problems. I am hoping that somebody has another idea how to solve this problem.

System specs (nearly forgot this :sweat_smile:)

• i9 9900KF
  • 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4 3200 C16
  • GeForce RTX 3070
  • game installed on a Samsung 980 NVMe drive
  • 1440p 165hz G-Sync monitor

Thanks in advance for any ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

The stutters/FPS drops and the panning problem are caused by SU9. This is on Asobo to fix it.

The live kernel event is either caused by the graphics card itself or by the game. Do you have the same issue in other games as well or only MSFS?

1 Like

Other games don’t have any problems. It’s only MSFS with the live kernel event and freezes.