Suggestions for the planned helicopter add-on

i gotta have my turbines

1 Like

Thereā€™s an interview on youtube where Gamestar is talking with Jƶrg Neumann. There he says that it will take at least a year to implement helicopters into MSFS. So i guess we have to be patient. :neutral_face:

Edit: he also says that the helicopter addon will be payware.

Edit 2: he talked about that helicopter DLC like they didnā€™t even started the development yet. And he said that the implementation of helicopters need to be done by themselfs, not by third party developers.

1 Like

uuuuugh, unacceptable

https://youtu.be/fzNdPRS_MRI

Hereā€™s that interview (in German)

1 Like

that the add-on will be payware isnā€™t really a surprise, but i think if the content is good there will definitely be enough buyers.

I also saw Jƶrg Neumannā€™s interview and it is actually the reason that I opened this thread here. In the interview he also says that the developers are constantly looking around in the community and listening to what the Flight simulator fans have for wishes, ideas and what feedback the developers receive.

The fact that the interest in this topic is already quite high confirms that there will certainly be enough people who are looking forward to an extensive helicopter add-on.

So keep it up with new suggestions and ideas, because the probability that the developers read along increases with every post and they can get an idea of what the community really wants. . :+1:t2: :grinning:

Thatā€™s a good question. It is definitely a lot more difficult to create a realistic flight model for a helicopter than for an airplane. But if you look at what microsoft has done so far to create these realistic sim, they will certainly manage to do that.

My favorite helis would be the Airbus H145 and the Bell 412. They would fit some SAR style missions.

Iā€™d also love to see a MD 500 and do some island hopping with tourists onboard.

Hi! I read the wish list. I smiled well on the list. Iā€™m not optimistic. In my opinion, building Bell 206 JetRanger, Robinson R22 / 44 helicopters can be realistic. The Bell 206 JetRanger is a true classic helicopter, not to be missed from the base edition. It would also be important to prepare for the developer the Hughes / md 500 C / D / E, Aerospatiale / Eurocopter AS 350. These four helicopter types are the most common in the world.

Bell_206B_Jet_Ranger_v3

img

typen.as350.p2

unnamed

7 Likes

Wishlist from me :slight_smile:

H155 ( not available in any sim )
H175 ( as above )
AW169
AW139
B206L3
HU269
R44/66

1 Like

My wishlist:

• SA 315B Lama
  • Kamov KA-32
  • Mil Mi-8
  • H125 (AS 350 B3)
  • Skye SH09
1 Like

I guess the following choppers are a must because of their epic appearance:

Mi-26 (Halo) - largest chopper
S64 aircrane because of it versatility
V22 Osprey : iconic mixed mode plane
The PAL-V : finally a car/plane made in Holland / Amsterdam :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
this list sounds realistic, because we already know two helicopters from FSX. Maybe a bigger model, in the FSX there was still the Augusta EH101. The MD500 and AS350 (H135) wouldnā€™t be a bad choice. :slightly_smiling_face:

Love this list. Also some of the most popular helicopters flying today.

Personally, I never understood this obsession with ā€œmost popularā€ (I build model planes as well). Why would I need a full range of the most boring and samey designs? So Iā€™ll throw in the K-MAX, some old iconic designs like Wessex, R5D or Lama, maybe even a Rotodyne (cough ā€œRotorcraftā€).

2 Likes

I would love to see a return of the EH-101 from FSX, A MD500D and the Bell 206

2 Likes

The helicopter selection looks very good.
Letā€™s talk about what tasks can be done with the helicopters. In contrast to airplanes, you can do a lot more with a helicopter than just fly from airport to airport or fly landing challenges. Personally, I think the new flight simulator is really successful, but it has the same problem as its predecessor. For the non-hardcore simmer, it quickly becomes boring without given tasks.
I could imagine a kind of campaign for the planned addon.
As a first example:
For each type of helicopter there is a specific region with coordinated tasks.
For example
R22 / 44 for flight school and training
EC145 for search and rescue flights in alpine terrain
EH101 for offshore tasks
Bell 407 for sightseeing flights and tasks in the city
Bell 412 for transport flights, fighting forest fires

Another campaign example with experience points
You start out with an R22 / 44 and learn how to fly a helicopter. When you have successfully completed this, your pilot career begins. First, you do simple sightseeing flights and passenger flights. You will receive points for every positively completed task. When you have collected enough points, a new helicopter with the appropriate tasks will be unlocked until the largest helicopter is available at the end.

What do you think of the idea with the campaign, top or flop?

3 Likes

For me top.
Also in the alpine terrain you can fly slingload missions with different loads, and in the city you can transport passengers.
In some missions they could add IFR flights e.g. passenger flights and in the mountains you fly of course VFR. :helicopter:

1 Like

anyone else convinced that a campaign is a good idea?

3 Likes

I am very angry, outraged that we are not getting any information about the development of helicopters. The developer does not respect those who consider the appearance of helicopters important.

Will the next year be about improving the released simulator? My opinion is that the released simulator needs to be improved and improved, but what is missing needs to be replaced. Helicopters are sorely missing!

I kindly ask the developer to let you know if there is any consultation or work going on in the background to develop the helicopters. I have few answers that will be made in the future ā€¦

4 Likes

@FourHaddock2427
Thank you for your effort. Yes Iā€™m interested too, when they plan to start with the development, or if they already work on it, and donā€™t let us know.
They mentioned one time in a interview, they have to create all the helipads over the world also, and this need time.
My opinion is they should work at first on the helicopters it self, and when they have released some proper helicopters they can start with the heliports.
I think most of the people would be happy if they can explore the world with a chopper.
Me for my part can forgive missing helipads in the beginning, with helicopters you can land everywhere anyway.

4 Likes