Suggestions for the planned helicopter add-on

Hello helicopter fans,

as some may already know, microsoft is planning to bring the helicopters for the flight simulator 2020 into the game as a kind of their own sim. Currently microsoft is talking about 4-8 helicopters and several thousand heliports which should be included in this add-on. That doesn’t sound bad at first, but unfortunately it won’t appear before a year at the earliest. Also, microsoft speaks of various missions that have to be done, but how exactly that looks is not yet known.

I have now opened this thread to ask, what you think of the planned addon and what it must contain for you.

So I start with my must have helicopters: :helicopter:

Airbus H125 (formerly AS350)
Airbus H135 / H145
Airbus AS 332L1 Super Puma
Bell 205 (civil version of the famous UH-1)

Ideas for missions in alpine terrain:

Search and rescue flights
External cargo flights (sling load)
Fighting forest fires
Sightseeing flights

For some missions it would be an advantage if there was a ground crew to instruct the pilot via radio, just like in real life.

What else should be included in the add-on?
I’m sure if some good suggestions come together here, the developers will read it :wink:

Greetings from Austria and sorry for my english :crazy_face:

8 Likes

For me Hughes/MD 500E, EC130 and Westland Lynx (Navy) would be great to fly with some ship borne operations for activities.

7 Likes

Chinook please!

6 Likes

In the Moment i use the Dreamfoil Bell 407 in X-Plane with VR. This is a very Detailed Modell under VR. I wish that Dreamfoil or Milviz make some Helis for the FS2020.

I wish there were a way to Convert X-plane Helis and Aircrafts to FS2000. Maybe someon knows more. I have tryed that with the tool that was here diskriptet for Converting FSX to FS2020, the Folders and Files are created but it is not usable.

10 Likes

Aérospatiale SA 315B Lama, Robinson R22, and Schweizer S300 (or whicher company owns them these days) would be ones I would like to see personally. Maybe for fun a Ka-26 :smiley:

Anything small like that would be fun for bush and remote scenery flying.

9 Likes

X-Plane has a totally different config and API from MSFS 2020; you’d have more luck trying to bring over one from P3D.

My wish list (or at least one of them):

Aerokopter AK1-3 Sanka
Heli-Sport CH-7
Revolution Mini-500
Hughes 300C
Hughes 500
Bell 206
Bell 407
BK117
SA-315 Lama
SA-318 Alouette II
SA-341/342 Gazelle
AS-355 Ecureuil 2
H135
EC/H145
Bo105

6 Likes

It should be an Air Zermatt based DL:

1 Like

AW139 HEMS version

3 Likes

Apache AH-64 Gunship. These are great at low level and canyon flying.

3 Likes

AW109 would be my choice

3 Likes

SH-60 Coastguard Seahawk, UH-60 Blackhawk, MH-6 or whatever the civilian variant is of the little bird (OH-6?).

5 Likes

Definitively an Augusta

5 Likes

for me,

AH-1W, AH-1S, S-64 “Erikson Skycrane”, H125/AS-350, CH-53E and K, B/L206/406, B412, B212, UH-1H/N and Y, Westland Lynx, Bo-105, EC-135, UH-60, CH-47, MV/OV-22, RAH-66 and finally, AH-64 A/D

3 Likes

wow, you’ve already made a very good selection. Great that there is such a big interest in this topic.:+1::+1:

Back to topic,
I think that a couple of helicopters and heliports are not enough for this excellent game. The developers could certainly make a lot more out of it, the potential would definitely be there.

But what do you say, do you just want to fly from A to B with the helicopter, do a few sightseeing flights, or should there be real tasks like in real life?

What do we know, if anything, about how helicopters will be modelled? I remember that many agreed that helos were “broken” in FSX because there was really no separate collective and the aircraft all had “linked” throttle/collective inputs. Any word as to what level of realism we can expect regarding the controls?

im a Retired SAR/HEMS Pilot myself, so, i would love RP modes of flying patients from scene’s to helipads at hospitals that im very familiar with in the Atlanta Area. specifically Grady Memorial and its rooftop Pad! oh man, the winds coming from the east are quite a challenge to land from the west, since you have to approach from the West, they catch you everytime in the sudden downdraft swirling over the top of the building.

that and just hovering around scenery and virutally peeping tom in windows like in the movie BlueThuder ( oooh, another good bird to have, the Gazelle ! )

3 Likes

Executive transportation, oil rig resupply, high tension transmission line maintenance, aerial tree cutting.

1 Like

I love the R22 for sightseeing due to it’s incredible cockpit visibility.

4 Likes

Robinson R44 for me. One of the most popular helicopters in the world that is still in active production, and for good reason.

2 Likes