Summary of missing items in MSFS, important to realistically simulate flight

Well there is a big difference between US and EU. I was pointing out the phraseology differences with standard ICAO phraseology here, the EU is pretty close to ICAO (as is most of the world) the US isn’t thats why they should make regional sound packs. I did make one for Europe myself:

If they would adopt standard ICAO phraseology it would be much closer to real world phraseology for most of us (the US might not benefit that much from it maybe).

I might have assumed some things as being the same all over, like the VFR departures and the missing ATIS essay might be something European.

• So ICAO does not use the phrase “ready to copy” the same way MSFS does, ATC might use this phrase to confirm the receiver is “ready to copy” a lengthy clearance or instruction but not vice versa. The response should be “go ahead”, in the UK they use the in my opinion more appropriate phrase “pass your message”, but this isn’t ICAO I believe.
  • VFR departures, probably only European? Its to hard to implement all the VFR reporting points anyway so this is never gonna happen.
  • ATIS, again in Europe don’t come with all the pulp at the end. Its the weather as you are used to up to QNH, airport related messages as WIP and other cautions / warnings etc. followed by “End of information …”. Its standard to include it in initial contact with ATC unless otherwise stated as is reading back and following instructions, pretty useless to add this to the ATIS, they might add as well “don’t forget to breath” :upside_down_face::joy:.
  • I was talking about an IFR approach clearances. Maybe for VFR flights it makes more sense but here its not common to receive direction + distance to the airport either unless asked for. The controller telling you for every instrument approach where the airport is, thats nonsense.

This is the closest I can get to correct ICAO phraseology in MSFS with some regional differences leaning to the European side but overall pretty close to standard ICAO phraseology: