Summary of missing items in MSFS, important to realistically simulate flight

My guess is it’s less of a “its super challenging to implement” type delay and more of a “not having this doesn’t reduce market share/potential sales” type thing. There are probably other things that are more lucrative put in front of it.

ETA: Before anyone has a coronary, that wasn’t a dig or anything negative. MSFS exists because it was deemed profitable. Potentially prioritizing things based on return isn’t a problem.

1 Like

Wow, give the OP a job!!! Great summary.

2 Likes

Also, OP, maybe make this a bug so it can be voted on vs just getting ignored after a few days as it’ll be lost in the shuffle?

Have to stay busy somehow with nothing to fly in real life :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the moderators would be happy with that. Its not technically a bug :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Seriously, good job. Most of what you wrote makes logical sense and I agree with it, even if it’s over my technical head…

And for the visuals and LOD to be improved is a huge thing for me as currently having things on ultra and getting triangles rendered instead of downtown skyscrapers just busts the realism for me. Hope Asobo can continue to optimize visuals AND at same time do the things above.

2 Likes

As has been mentioned multiple times, Asobo is not going to much with this type of post. Your only chance of getting any traction on this massive essay is to create individual posts for each improvement and make then votable. At the same time, you can do the same thing with Zendesk so Asobo can build sprints for each request.

4 Likes

I always send everything to Zendesk. As for making an individual post for every separate item, most of them are allready available as separate posts, but its really hard to get votes for them. As its to technical for most. Hopefully it gets some visibility this way. Its worth a try.

3 Likes

I appreciate your effort, but if you think it’s too technical what do you expect to get out of this? It isn’t votable, and frankly way too long. As an engineer, I feel the keep it simple approach will go a lot further.

2 Likes

Well thats the point, listening to the masses with these voteable top bugs and wishlists are never gonna solve fundemental problems with the sim as those items will never get sufficient votes to even end up in those lists. As long as its not about night lighting, world series or other goodies its hard.

As an example, we still don’t have a functional flight director in any aircraft.The flight director commands wings level until the autopilot is engaged no matter the lateral mode selected. This affects every aircraft in MSFS and the amount of votes for those kind of issues? Around 50 tops :sweat_smile:.

6 Likes

Your title says it all, of course. I’ve been using flight simulators since 1990 and though I like a decent level of realism, I don’t class myself as a “hardcore flightsimmer”. I have patience, but I don’t have the desire to learn how to fly the Airbus or 787. The TBM became my instant favorite because it’s fast and easy to fly, so I can enjoy flying the real-world “Google Earth” with little effort.

There are clearly a lot of functional issues with the basic flight systems in most of the aircraft that I believe must be fixed (I fixed a couple of TBM issues myself). However, some of the things you’re discussing probably won’t make the cut for Asobo for a long while.

It is an admirable list; unfortunately, the skeptic in me says your post will most likely disappear into the thousands of “my graphics are terrible” posts. I will support you with any voting you put forth.

EDIT: I voted!

5 Likes

Excellent essay-like post, OP, congrats. As an hardcore simmer I’m 100% with you. One might say that a Xbox game wouldn’t deserve all that goodness. :wink:
Too many problems from the fundamentals exist in FS20, that’s why Mr PMDG advised of the additional 12 months needed to make their jewelry looking decent in that environment. Rather than Asobo I myself am looking forward to having eventually some 3rd party serious commitment. That being said I really hope that MS devs will address at least the macroscopic boguses.
Go make it votable. Thanks!

3 Likes

I could but I’m afraid it won’t get enough votes, maybe I should make it a wish-list item to not only listen to the masses?

great post, good summary. but my impression is that Asobo is not interested in passionate simmers, (ex) pilots etc. target audience is casual pepple who want to fly around and never notice missing averse yaw or ATC prases wrong. too many issues and missng features imho from the beginning. suggset you move to a serious sim like x-plane.

4 Likes

I’m still using X-plane but I have to admit its hard to turn X-plane on with the inferior graphics now, although being much more realistic in other areas. But lets not get into any X-plane vs MSFS battle :sweat_smile::joy:.

3 Likes

i find it allright, have x-europe 5 free addon scenery installed. and, i do not always fligh 500 ft high :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Hard to stay inside a XP11 plane except for a serious airliner shared cockpit online flight.

1 Like

Same here…

Great contribution Nijntje! Thanks a lot for the great technical and constructive input. Given the interview with Jörg in the Development update of yesterday, I am certain that this (and all previous posts about individual topics) are being monitored by the dev’s. So don’t worry to much about not getting attention when not so many people vote for this kind of feedback. They’ll see it. But votes help as well, so you got mine!

3 Likes

Please upvote this thread!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/asobo-why-are-your-aerodynamics-fundamentally-wrong/324439?u=nijntje91