SUMU localizer ICAR not recognized by avionics

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Used to investigate, made no changes

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

The localizer for runway 24 (25) at SUMU is not recognized by avionics as an ILS, despite being functional (and recognized elsewhere, like on World Map and apps like LittleNavMap)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Enter an approach to SUMU runway 24 (currently 25, perhaps the change in designation is relevant) into flight plan
  2. The plan will not automatically tune the relevant frequency, nor will it be shown as an option in Waypoint Info (see left touchscreen)
  3. The frequency does exist in-game, and carry its ILS properties: see the PFD, both the needle and diamond are present

This behaviour is consistent between different avionics

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

not relevant IMHO

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Only partially.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Using D930. You can set up and fly an ILS into RWY 24 manually (it will recognized the ILS frequency if dialed in manually, and when I hit the APR button, it will fly the ILS correctly. (ATC will treat it as a visual approach). However, since there is no ILS 24 approach listed in the WM nor in the G3000, it’s possible this Garmin is not legally authorized to fly the ILS 24 approach in IMC. So you would be in-fact flying a visual approach while using the ILS signal. I couldn’t locate an actual ILS 24 chart (or 25 either) for SUMU, so it may be that the Garmin does not meet the required minima accuracy listed for that approach, or the approach requires authorization. If either of those conditions exist, the system doesn’t have the approach in its data base, and won’t automatically lock-on and fly that approach. If you have access to the ILS 24 (or a 25) Chart, we can verify if that’s the issue, or if it’s actually something that’s missing in the sim.
Regards

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Here’s the chart I referenced, straight from Uruguay’s AIP.

it’s possible this Garmin is not legally authorized to fly the ILS 24
At the very least the same would have to apply to the Proline in CJ4, since that was the plane I used when I ran into this issue - I used the G3000 to show it since I could fit all relevant info in one shot.

1 Like

There’s nothing on the chart that would limit the use of that approach (such as an “authorization required” notation found on some approaches). Unless someone else can find a reason, it looks like they missed adding this approach (and any other RWY 25 approaches). The VFR map lists runways 24 and 26, which are obviously wrong, so I think they missed the runway actually being 25, and as a result, no approaches associated with 25 are being picked up by the sim from the navdata.
Good catch, I’d suggest you submit a zendesk report on this issue.
Regards