Supercell and Hurricane where you want it? Possible now in sim

Definitely a visual goodie only. Still had to add wind to make it as realistic as possible but unfortunately that is global across the map, no local effects. Zero action in the vertical that I could find.

Sure, it makes landings and take-offs interesting but you could do that without the huge cloud just sat there (it doesn’t move either).

So visually fun but that’s about it at the moment.

I’d like it to get to the point where you can create a preset/scenario where you have multiple storms that move with the steering flow for a classic outbreak. Having a huge storm moving at 50kts towards the airstrip you want to land on would make things more interesting as you’d have to consider weather diversions, fuel etc.

2 Likes

Looks like hurricanes now work since SU6. I’ll get one into my preset pack shortly:

2 Likes

That’s the most defined eye I have ever seen. :clap:

1 Like

That’s neato. What are the dimensions? Width of the storm, width of the eye, height of the eyewall?

Eye is 5 miles wide with KMIA (Miami Int) at the centre, extends 40,000+ feet high, lots of wind, rain, lightning, low air pressure (check altitude). Storm extends a fair way out. E.g. you’ll just be on the edge of it up at Palm Springs, i.e. around 60 miles (kinda depends if you snag an outer rainband)

Try it now, is in my preset pack:

2 Likes

Despite of all the great pictures posted, i moved this to #third-party-addon-discussion:scenery-packs