Surprise, 35 to 39 FPS Quest 2 & Link, RTX3070, Ryzen 5 2600X new Nvidia 461.09

Hi,

after having tested all situations, link, steam VR, link again, then again Steam VR, old driver, new one etc… thousands of combinations of parameters,

after having thought to sell everyhting i bought due to the poor results…

today, i tried the last Nvidia driver, 461.09, with Steam Vr first, not really efficient, 10 to 15 FPS, not able to get better results

then i did a trial with link… whao… about 40 fps !!! but i had medium/high parameters in MSFS, 72 Mhz, rr = 1, etc…

so i pushed all parms

• Oculus headset : 90 Mhz, rr = 1.2
  • ODT : PO 0, FOV 0.9;0.9, agps off, AS 45-ASW disabled
  • MSFS everything ULTRA or quite, RS 80, TAA, Terrain & Objects 100, others Ultra or High

and 22 to 25 FPS here, and very smooth, image quality also was far better than everything i had, no washed colors, good balance and colors !

positive test…

sure it still can be improved, but seems a good track

which paramaters could i change to improve that ?

edit : and now, don’t know why but fps are up to 30 !
and traffic was realtime also

Looks like you’re on the right track. Getting things set up properly with the Quest 2 is a real faff. One setting thats often over looked in VR set up guides for the sim, which from my experience was a big FPS eater, is the live air traffic and live online player setting. Turn both those settings to off and see if that makes any difference for you.

I’ve got a similar-ish spec PC to yours, RTX 3080 and an i7 7700, and those settings are quite CPU hungry from my experience, for those of us on older or mid range CPU’s. Turning off the live air traffic settings won me back quite a few FPS and reduced stuttering for me considerably.

If you’ve got a new RTX 3000 series card the card will pretty much gladly handle any graphics setting the sim can throw at it. Its anything in the sim thats CPU hungry that you need to be on the look out for.

I’m definitely upgrading to a new CPU and motherboard sooner rather than later hopefully.

I see he has the same behavior as 80% GPU usage, as do I… Any idea if it’s possible to push 100% gpu usage? Such a shame to be only 80% on a new gen GPU…

@SnakeHelah So u have my specs here in the title, i can add that i have 32 Gb of RAM and a 1Tb SSD Nvme M2
But the GPu goes up to 100% very easily, its doesn’t stay stable like in the graph is showed above, sometimes it goes up to 100%, FPS goes down to 18, may be 15, but the view stays smooth.
Difficult to find any logic here…
And u say in the other post that u get better results with VD which is not the case for me… Don’t know why…

@Mobias7 yes, its a good result, here it seems that this last nvidia driver is not so bad, and definitely the parametrization on the Link side seems far easier than on the VD side
But i hope that we will find better performances soon, image is still not at the level of my expectations…
And yes, i plan to change my proc to a 5600X which seems appreciated for VR in general.
About the mother board, maybe i should change it also, its really a basic one, but here i don’t know which one could really help for better perf.

Another good bit optimisation to do is get rid of SteamVR entirely if you can. It just adds another unnecessary layer into the mix. Getting rid of it work wonders for me.

good work, but i can´t fly this way, the instruments are too blurry and not readable.
My priority is the A320NX (FlybyWire) and therefore i use the following settings which give me an acceptable result:
Oculus app: 72Hz rr 1,3 (4704x2384)
Oculus Tray: DSS 1.5, ASW 18Hz, AGP On, FOV 0.7,0.7, Enc.Res. 3648, Bitrate 500
MSFS: Render Sc. 80, TAA, Terrain 100, Objects 100, Texture Supersampling Off,the rest mostly on High/Medium Level.
Asus RTX3070, Ryzen 9 3900X, 64GB RAM, Nvidia 461.09
in Oculus FPS performance screen i have about 15FPS (18HZ) this give me a smooth and clear gameplay mostly without disturbing stuttering.

With this setting all instrument looks like soap

yes, instruments are not very clear, but i use mostly the TBM and i can do what i have to do, even with the right mouse clic which bring the instruments very close and easier to read.

but i will try your settings to see what i get.

i see also that you use a translation between FPS and HZ, and Oculus gives only HZ, i thought they were equal to FPS ?

@mixMugz when u say setting, do u speak about the hardware or the parameters used ?

Setting for ODT, Oculus, InGame. Every settings lowering quality but boost performance.
I fly in TBM930 with 1.5/1.7 and RS 100 and i think is not enough for crisp displays/labels. I want more, but hardware and MSFS2020 say NO

i agree, getting more is, i guess, for later…

FPS/Hz is not really on the same level but with constant 15FPS (seen via OTT Visual HUD/ Performance) i get the best results. Sometimes (when display is stuttering and a bit blurry) i have to save and restart the OTT and VR twice. Important for me is the constant 15FPS (set 18Hz in OTT) i don´t know why these settings aren´t saved in 100% of my sessions when i switch to VR. so the FPS are different and not constant.
The switch from headroom to VR (Ctrl. + Tab) on the display has to be without delay. In this case it goes the right way. (sorry but it is difficult to explain)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.