Surprise for alpha / beta testers?

not for microsoft lol

2 Likes

How about way worse performance and stuttering!!!

2 Likes

ijustin and her sis got honeycomb and thrustmaster pendular rudder pedals alol surprise

2 Likes

Yes I did here things along that line for the YouTube’s and twitch streamers. Did they get a free flight to the usa with a go on a real life flight sim like I here some people got. R

You know what’s funny?

Over on the Reddit, which is generally awful because only popular opinions and silly memes are ever read, way back when the subject of the upcoming Beta was discussed, the general opinion was “No they won’t significantly expand the testing pool to do Beta load testing. They can use Automation to just simulate load.”.

But now we find out that the mandate of the Alpha testers all along was mostly just to generate server load. A role they could have simulated with relative ease.

2 Likes

The surprise was that the alpha was the final version all along.

3 Likes

That sounds familiar?
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/btw-what-was-the-surprise-for-alpha-testers/234563/12?u=hester40mt

surprise? never heard of such

I’ve been a Tech Alpha Insider since the beginning, now my forum title has gone (I believe) and I started getting badges again, first like etc. I raised a Zendesk ticket and they told me to reinstall the sim. WTF Microsoft! :cry:

UPDATE: Can I just caveat my statement above - the reintall the sim was part of a generic response email and not a response to my Zendesk ticket - one of those occasions you read back your post and think that was harsh. Sorry MS.

@Nyx1819 I’ve posted on the thread you mentioned - hopefully it gets added back. :+1:

1 Like

Please go and post something in this thread: Tech Alpha Insider tag removed?

1 Like

I just hope the livery looks cool, but will it be for all planes?

I heard a handwritten shirt from Austin „ i love MF2020“

1 Like

The surprise was a virtual balloon that said Thank You over Asobo studio in the Sim and no more Your ID:

The surprise is a worse sim than you used in beta

Did, by any chance, the surprise was promised on April fools? I which case…

I honestly think that’s what it was. The “Thank You” and the smiley face.

are you kidding us?

It just may have been because no one ever got an answer to what it actually was except that we got to see that Thank You balloon.

I’m never saw the ballon, I feel I missed out :joy:

If you go to the Twitch Q&A where they mentioned about a surprise for alpha/beta testers, you’ll hear them mention it while they’re talking about aircraft liveries, so the surprise must be a livery of some sort. They’re yet to officially implement liveries so the surprise will probably come once they do.

Go to 23:43 here…

1 Like