Surround sound rear speakers not working

I cannot get surround sound to work with my 7.1 home theatre as no sound coming out the back speakers.

Anyone have surround sound working?

Same here - other games work, speaker configured right - does the game even support surround?

Logitech Z506 system that works perfectly with other apps, but rear speakers only produce a muffled sound when using MSFS. Re-configured all speakers using Windows, but no change.
Another simmer on another forum (Flightsim.com) has exactly the same problem, but has a different system.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Is your windows already using the 5.1 format in the sound settings? Also, if you’re not using Atmos, you should turn off the Spatial Sound in the Sim’s audio settings as well.

Thx.
Yes, configured for 5.1 as my default sound system.
I don’t know what “Atmos” is, so likely not using it.
When turning Spatial Sound on and off, no change occurs in rear speakers.

If your soundcard is integrated i your motherboard, maybe you need to update its driver ?

Thx - tried that already. They’re up-to-date.

I have opened a ticket (Zendesk) and it appears that it is recognized as an issue. It is listed as “solved” which means it will be fixed in the future. Wait and see!

Did you ever solve this ?? I’m having same issue. My speakers aren’t sending audio to the rear or sub in the game, while all other windows apps are fine with it.

Ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue.

I don’t think MSFS has full. Multi channel surround sound, just stereo sound. If it does, it’s broken.

Hi FJ470.
I received a response from Zendesk about a month ago to inform me that the issue was “Solved”. I was able to determine that this term means it is a recognized “bug” and will be fixed in the future. Unfortunately, there was no ETA, so I just keep checking anytime following an update to see if it was fixed. All my other speakers work fine, so I am OK to await the resolution. Good luck and happy flying.
Tim

1 Like

Hi, I have a 5.1 surround system that work and tests perfectly in Windows 10 but can’t get the rear speakers to make a sound in MSFS. Is there a defect with surround sound in MSFS?

LouP

Mine’s working just fine. Can you share us the screenshot of your Windows Audio device setting, as well as the sim’s sound/audio general settings?

I installed a DTS encoder and it works now. I’m going to have to pay for it which stinks. The windows surround sound was definitely working. When you buy a program that is supposed to work with windows, you shouldn’t have to out and buy drivers or encoders to get it to work correctly.

LouP

Why not the free Dolby Atmos?

Atmos wasn’t free and it only mentioned it was for headphones.

There’s a free one for Home Theatre setup.

For a speaker set up. I’m not using headphones.

But you said you’re using a speakers on a 5.1 surround sound system. You can download the Dolby Access app from the Microsoft Store. There you can pick between the free Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, or the paid Dolby Atmos for headphones.

Just pick the free Dolby Atmos for Home Theater since that’s your speaker setup anyway.

How to Use Dolby Atmos Surround Sound on Windows 10 (howtogeek.com)

1 Like