Carenado Mooney M20R Ovation

You must be a terrible pilot. :wink:

Yeah Iā€™m calling feature, the mentally challenged co-pilot in MSFS obviously keeps leaving the seat belt adjust strap hanging out the door and is trying to pull it back in.

It happens to us all, Iā€™ve opened plane doors in flight to pull in wayward straps. That co-pilot must be superman to get it that far open though, at flight speed you need a strong arm to muscle it against the air to get a crack wide enough to pull the belt in.

In flight training, I was taught if you lose the ability of the rudder (or stuck rudder) or alerions, you use the doors to turn. Just hope thereā€™s 2 people in the plane!

ā€œOn the count of 3, everyone lean to the leftā€ :slight_smile:

Clearly, my Mooney is haunted! I need Carenado to perform an exorcism.

Will try opening and closing the door while sitting on the tarmac to see if that helps.

hmz, I have been watching some of 'MissionaryBushPilotā€™s Youtube footage, and he often cracks the doors open on takeoff in case of hitting a bad bump and bending the airframe. Your copilot might really have trust issues with you.

Seriously though, report this to Carenado. They produced the mod, and should be able to provide support. Microsoft and Asobo probably wonā€™t be able to help you.

1 Like

I know this is off topic, but arenā€™t those fabulous videos? It inspired me to fly the turboprops. Iā€™m hoping someone models the Kodiak! :smile:

1 Like

it is off topic indeed, but yes, those videoā€™s are an inspiration for sure. Been flying into some really dodgy grass strips in Papua New Guinee myself :stuck_out_tongue:

A nice Quest Kodiak would be great, since the Cessna Caravan seems to be a bit heavier, and make those take offs and landings even more of a challenge.

The Caravan reminds me of flying the C172. It feels big and isnā€™t very happy about being asked to climb too quickly.

Iā€™m spoiled by the TBM, which feels like a hot rod! :smiley:

the TBM IS a hotrod :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Situation: Mooney Ovation copilot door started opening & closing randomly during flight and while taxiing. Deleted the Carenado Mooney folder and re-downloaded and installed from the Marketplace. Still have issue.

Considering fresh install of MSFS 2020. But first, I opened a ticket on Zendesk and sent a short video clip that shows the door opening & closing multiple times.

If I decide to do a reinstall, is there a knowledge resource available for doing that?

Many thanks for guidance!

No need to reinstall. Itā€™s a known issue that AI aircraft are affecting weird things in aircraft including turning knobs, pressing buttons, turning off AP, etc. Iā€™d say turn off AI aircraft and see if that fixes your problem.

6 Likes

If it continues to happen, you might want to seek help from Carenado, since itā€™s a third party addon.

2 Likes

Thanksā€¦ Already off. Only real aircraft.

Been that route. Replaced the aircraft. Problem still there. Will see what MSFS Zendesk says. Thanks!

Do you have these two options enabled:

1 Like

Humor alert :upside_down_face:
Going only by your topic header, I worry that a lot of people may blame you for the problems they are having with MSFSā€¦
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeh, how to get yourself lynched in one easy step! :laughing:

1 Like

Understood. To answer your initial question, which no seems to have done yet, including myself:

Are you steam or windows installed? If steam installed, uninstall via steamā€™s method. If windows installed, go to add/remove programs and uninstall Flight Simulator. Make sure you say you want all documents removed.

Youā€™ll then have to go in and manually delete the community and official folders as the uninstall will not do that.

When you download again, FS2020 is currently broken in that it will not download all the aircraft on initial install. Go into the content manager, select the ā€œcheck allā€ box, and download all the content there.

1 Like

Thank you! That was the information I was seeking!

That is hilarious