Switched to offline mode

Game says i have streaming issues and switched me to off line mode and cant start a flight. There is no issue with my data streaming its the servers i reckon. This keeps happening

It’s typically a MS server issue. If your connection is good otherwise, treat that notification as such.

This keeps happening. I can’t use the flight sim at all.

I’ve seen this more recently too. Servers have never been good, so don’t expect any change.

Its very frustrating i am now getting the same warning then ctd.

Same thing here. I am getting this error and the terrain doesn’t exist at all. Just a super low res flat texture for the terrain and no buildings or trees whatsoever so I am guessing it doesn’t even download the photogrammetry stuff.
But from the menus I can download updates and addons so it’s pretty weird.
I have a gigabit connection and everything worked well until the last update… Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Have you got msfs2020googlemaps add on on your pc. I removed that and everything worked ok,

I’ve seen messages to this effect more in the past 2 weeks than in the past 2 years, on top of the usual garbage with the azure voice server dropping out. They really need to throw more money at their servers.

Glad I found this topic and hoping someone can help me solve this. I continuously get the low bandwidth warning and then told it’s setting to offline. Scenery is more or less flat with little detail. I can fly but looks like I’m in an old version of x-plane. My internet speed is over 800mb/s and internet works flawlessly. I have a clean Community folder and have rebooted my router and not sure what to do next. Seems like it just started after my WU12. Any help is much appreciated.

This happens occasionally and has 99% nothing to do with your side of the connection.
It’s probably MS server side related so you just have to sit it out.
I was kicked offline yesterday for several hours in the Netherlands where we have excellent internet.

Yeah, I was hoping that is was just the MS server, but it’s been doing it for several days now. I have searched the forums and there are hardly any signs of anyone having that issue right now. Over the last couple years I have noticed when the servers seem to be bogged but this seems different, more consistent. I have considered uninstalling and re-installing the sim, but I certainly don’t want to lose my log book hours. I’ve done that in the past and it takes forever to build it back up, not that it’s all that important. Anyway, thanks for the reply and I’ll keep trying to figure this out. Cheers!

I just recently started this happen again, hadn’t happened since before Christmas, but has occurred a few times in the last few days…

In my search, I found that some had this issue because of the Map Enhancement app that can apply Google or Bing maps to the sim. The developer acknowledged there was a problem with the newer version and recommended to go back to the stable version. I totally uninstalled the app but that didn’t help so I’m hoping someone else can give me some suggestions. I really miss flying but with the downgraded scenery, it’s just not the same. Also, it happens everytime I run the sim. Thanks

This addon is not supported by MSFS and breaks the TOS from both MS and Google. This addon will change your Windows HOSTS file (which is dangerous in itself). Assure that all the entires changed/added by this addon in the HOSTS file are removed.

To restore to the previous state, please delete the following two lines from:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file:

127.0.0.1 kh.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.net
127.0.0.1 khstorelive.azureedge.net

A restart of your PC is required after removing entries from the HOSTS file.

Thanks Hester, this looks to be my problem. However, after finding the Host file and trying to edit it, I am given the message that I don’t have access to change that file. I appreciate your help with this, would you know a way for me to get access?

That file needs administrator rights. The reason for this as it can pose a threat to your system if entries are put in there redirecting named domains to another IP address. For example, a hacker could add an entry to redirect you banking to another IP (server) that looks like your banking website.

You also can delete the file, restart Windows and it will recreate a default HOSTS file.

Amazing! I deleted the Host file and restarted my computer and when checking for the Host file, it had been replaced by an IMhost file. Anyway, I started MSFS, set up a flight and right away, the screen was filled with the beautiful scenery I remember. I’m always astonished by the amount of knowledge the people on this forum have. Thanks so much for everyone’s help. I’ll print off this post for future reference. Maybe “I” can help someone down the road. Again, thanks!

1 Like