Sync content between Xbox and Steam

For being a game that is synced to the Xbox network, the same account and same marketplace content, content manager items, marketplace wishlist items and flight stats (from your Pilot Profile) should sync between different systems… You’d think it supports cross-platform progression… It doesn’t.

• Test 1: As a test I a purchased aircraft on my Xbox (PC) app version then I loaded up the Steam version and the plane isn’t in my content manager. I tried signing in and out on both versions and they didn’t sync.

• Test 2: As another test, logged into my Xbox (PC) app version and none of my plane/stats aren’t there also.

Both are connected to the same Xbox account and nothing is synced together, even though they share the same marketplace and content. Allow us to sync our versions together, this is redundant. Please Asobo, allow this simple fix. If Forza Horizon, Halo and all these first party titles can do it, Asobo can do it.

Content that should be synced between platforms:

• Content manager items that the player bought
  • Marketplace wishlist items
  • Flight stats (from your Pilot Profile)
    ** Achievements
    ** List of in-game stats
    ** Completed flight trainings and activities

If one day a Xbox user that has a Series X wanted to build a PC and bought the Steam version of MSFS, they would lose everything by switching over, from all the aircraft/airports they bought to the hours/stats put into the pilot profile… Gone.

Please allow cross-platform progression between Xbox and Steam.

TLDR -

How MSFS works:

• MS Store and Xbox consoles share the same content :white_check_mark:
  • MS Store and Steam don’t share content. :x:
  • Xbox consoles and Steam don’t share content. :x:

How it should work:

• MS Store and Xbox consoles share the same content :white_check_mark:
  • MS Store and Steam should share content. :white_check_mark:
  • Xbox consoles and Steam should share content. :white_check_mark:

Agreed 100%. Voted. Will be sharing.

3 Likes

Syncing the marketplace purchases and some other details would be great between the Game Pass version and the Steam version because all my flight hours and my Carenados are gone after buying the Steam version of Flight Sim 20 :slight_smile:

Now I am a complete newbe pilot again with only 2 logged flight hours.

1 Like

Totally agree.

I bought the MS Store version for PC which then was automatically available on the Xbox (including the premium deluxe upgrade). Also, as you say, Xbox compatible market place purchases are shared between both platforms (as are pilot logs and achievements etc)

I would imagine it is technically possible (even straight forward), so I can only think that MS/Asobo are trying to provide a negative incentive to buy MSFS from Steam - therefore not having to pay Valve a cut of the purchase price.

2 Likes

In the recent blog post, it’s now categorized in ‘Under Investigation.’

We need this. :pray:

https://msfs-cdn.azureedge.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Slide4.png

Voted. This is a must do capability once we are all sharing the same virtual world no matter if I am is on the PC or in the XBOX.