Sync / save activities and user settings to the cloud instead of local drive

Please sync activity progress (missions, official bush trips) and user settings (e.g. flight plans, custom cameras) to the cloud rather than saving locally.

Currently, a subset of settings and completion logs are saved locally and can be lost or reset during updates or reinstallation:
MS Store
…\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\

Steam:
%appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

Other settings such as controller profiles and official activities such as landing challenges are synced with the cloud - please standardize sync and save behavior for all activities and settings to prevent data / progress loss.

Not only should they be saved to the cloud, but they should be saved independently to the platform you bought it on (Steam/Xbox store). Come on Microsoft, you have the might of Azure behind you, give us all a few kilobytes of storage to save our progress in the cloud. We are in 2022 after all.

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post was merged into this topic.

Would be awesome if bush trip progress was saved together with my profile. My windows had a really bad crash that system repair wouldn’t work. I had to do a clean install and lost all C: drive contents. Luckily I had both my steam library and MSFS updates library configured to another SSD. So after I reinstalled windows, and steam I just pointed to existing paths and did not have to wait long ours to install MSFS or SU packages. When I started the game, I was happy to see the controller mappings were still there, as well as training and landing challenges (I believe they are saved in the cloud with my profile) but any bush trip progress was gone.

Would be even better if the progress saved to the cloud could be selectively reset (e.g. a specific bush trip or last leg).

1 Like

yes a bit of imagination please please Asobo and ms… They should have PLENTY of person in this case : reinstalling the os, changing the hard drive… actually we are in 2022… clouding is evrywhere. so please cloud activities. From my case : bought new M2 ssd, reinstalled OS then get screwed because forgot to copy my bush trip completion progress… Roughly 20+ hours of flying that disapeared…

1 Like

I know some of the user setting is saved to the cloud. Configuring the PS4 controller mappings is a pain in the neck, but fortunately I can confirm it is saved to the cloud. Maybe we could start listing the user settings and activities that we know are already being saved to cloud. For example, I can confirm wireless controller mappings are. I believe training and landing challenges too.

After Top Gun Maverick Update all progress from training and landing challenges got lost
I can see my old own scores in the “Friends” section of the Leaderbord as if I were a different user.

Build 1.2.5.9

How do I find my stored missions on the cloud?

1 Like