System crashing after installed the latest update

Hi, today I installed the latest update 1.15.7.0 and after completing the installation, I did reboot the computer and run the program, once comes to the window where is checking for latest updates, the system crashes back to windows.

Any suggestions on why did this happen. My system was running flowless before the update.

Community folder… copy it all out and leave it clean.

There are some mods that cause issues with this update.

You may need to add them back one at a time to find out which one is the problem.

Thank you so much, I did follow your instructions and got it work!!

I downloaded the update eventually (22Gb) - it took more than 24 hours becuase the download speed is terrible and everything I have tried doesn’t help to speed it up.

I then rebooted, but when I got back to the game’s “check for updates” it wants me to start downloading the entire 171 Gb again. I looked in my Community folder but it is now empty. I am at the end of my tether - as a full download will take about 13 days at my 1.5 Mbits/s. I don’t even know who to turn to for help, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

To keep the forum organized, topic moved into installation issues: #bugs-and-issues:performance

1 Like

Same here…

Sorry - I’m new at this and quite upset about the download speeds and loss of all data.

Thanks

1 Like

I know bro:((

No problem. You were not the topic creator. :wink:

On your slow download speed, have you tried using a VPN (as a test) to bypass your ISP to see if that may be the cause?

Have a look at this topic:
Very low download speeds & frequent “Package Failed” messages - Bugs & Issues / Performance, Graphics & CTDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The installer/updater should not delete anything in your “Community” folder. It may delete if you “uninstall”. It will also delete if you “Reset” the MS Store version of MSFS app in Windows 10 - OR - in Steam if you clicked on “verify file integrity”.

1 Like

Thanks, I have tried a VPN, and all the other suggestions on official MSFS & support sites.

Called my ISP and they do not throttle and could not help. Nothing helps.

I also found it strange that my community folder is empty (except for a few files after I paused the new full download and checked. I had 3rd party liveries and scenery there - all gone).

I will try the link you sent though - thanks

Ok - I have seen that link - tried everything suggested - no luck

If the VPN does not work, that eliminates your ISP. So now it’s something local to your network. Either PC or Router.

Have you tried to disable the auto-tuning? You only need to do this for the downloading and then put it back.

1 Like

Nope, no luck with that either (I had tried it before).

I also don’t have issues with other downloads - only MSFS so not sure its the router either

Yh then it’s just msfs…always

At 13 days to download it basically makes it unplayable. I was really enjoying it - despite the updates which always seemed to break more things than it fixed. Sad.

1 Like

True me too dang…!

Make that about 25 days download time - the speed has dropped to 0.7 Mbits/s

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.