T.Flight Rudder Pedals for beginner

Hi,
I am new to MSFS 2020 and I have it on Xbox.
Currently I use T.Flight Hotas One. It is great controller and I enjoy every moment I fly.
Now I get that there are also T.Flight Rudder Pedals available.
Are these pedals good to enhance overall fly experience?
Or it is better buy more complex Yoke system with pedals?

Thank you for zour recommendations or hints.

Hello, I’ve moved your topic into #self-service:peripherals where it’s better placed for further discussion and advice.

1 Like

I use the TM TFRP rudder pedals without problems. There are better pedals but at substantially higher cost. They’re entirely adequate for me. I Velcroed them to a carpet protector since they tended to walk away on a smooth floor.

2 Likes

I would recommend saving your money and waiting for other peripherals to come onto the Xbox market.

At present the hardware that is compatible with Xbox is very limited. (T-flight and Hori) and there are much better devices being released with Xbox compatibility.

The honeycomb alpha yoke is well regarded and they are releasing Xbox compatible variants of all their controllers which include throttle quadrant, pedals and a hotas kit.

Others may follow.

Pedals are always an enhancement IMHO. The TFRPs are pretty good value for money.
Nothing exceptional, but a solid set of pedals. They are easily calibrated and not twitchy and the plastic seems good quality. They also run very smooth on metal rails. I use them with my old Saitek X56 as well as with the Alpha Yoke. So far I haven’t felt the need to upgrade to something better.

They aren’t compatible with Xbox though as far as I know.

Yes they are:

Right. Indeed they are. My apologies, I was mixing them up in my head with the pendular ones…

http://mobile.thrustmaster.com/node/8207

2 Likes

They are all plastic, except for the railing. The plastic clamp that holds the left pedal onto the railing broke twice already. I’ve been using JB Weld glue to keep it going until Honeycomb releases their new rudder. Other than that, its been an ok rudder, considering the binding (it is not smooth) of the plastic rubbing against the metal railing.

1 Like

I’ve had mine for a year with nothing braking.

You either got an updated Revision of it, or just got lucky that the person who built it did not tighten the screw till it strip, cause that is what happened to mine. Both screws came off and the only way to keep the pieces together was by using a super strong glue. These parts not only keeps the pedal on the rail, but also acts as a stopper when you push all the way during a turn. I do treat my gear like jewels, I do not treat them rough. On the other hand, the one on the right pedal is still going strong.

Could I use these pedals with the honeycomb alpha and bravo or do you have to stick with one brand?

Not sure about xbox, but on pc you can definitely mix and match. I’d assume xbox would be the same - at the end of the day they are just USB connections

I use a Honeycomb Alpha with the TFRP pedals and either two Logitech Throttle quadrants (Piper PA28, all twins and jets etc.) or a simmax.it TPM (Cessna 152/172, Mooney, V35 etc.).
On PC it doesn’t really matter what you use. Each device has its own USB port and the individual bottons and axes have to be assigned manually, so you can mix it the way you need it.

1 Like

Oh sorry, forgot to clarify i’m on xbox, would that change anything?

possibly. I’m not sure whether XBox reacts differently there. Sorry.

1 Like

I have purchased them about 6 months ago because I wanted to practise and see if they were meeting my expectations (flying with pedals to be more realistic or continue to twist the joystick that worked fine).
So I purchased these pedals because of the relative low price. After a few months I have decided that ,yes,I like the use of the rudder pedals but I cannot accept any longer the “defects” of them : they don’t move smoothly on the rails and also the position (almost horizontal) of the feet is not comfortable .
So ,I am looking aroud for the purchase of a better but more expensive product like the “TM Pendular” or others. If you have already decided that you must fly with the rudder pedals then I’d reccomend you to spend more for a better model like the MFG Crosswind v3 which also have a nice and useful(I think) dumper.More options are also available in the market as suggested many times in the forum.You are on xbox so you must check on the producers sites for compatibility.