T16000M Menu Button assigned

Brief description of the issue:
I have the thrustmaster 16000M stick and joystick button 2 is assigned with something that makes the mouse go to the upper left corner of the screen and the stick is set as a controller for the menu for some reason.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
After SU 5

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Nope

IDK so far SU 5 was a let down for the experience:
It took ages to download the update, I am still unable to download the content in the sim itself and the changes just so it can be used on XBox definitely handicap the use on pc.

Hope for quick help with my issue or someone else who has experienced it before who knows how to fix it.

cheers

Did you get a fix for this? Mine is also doing it and its driving me crazy!

1 Like

I am having you same identical issue, with my brand new (bought it two days ago) Thrustmaster T.16000M SCF. It indeed is moving the menus accross the Simulator! It seems it controls well enough the flying surfaces and so on, but when I am inside MSFS 2020, it moves things around, like menus’ selections etcetera. Especially the HAT switch! Is there any solution to this? I installed and removed it three times, via Windows 10 ‘Devices and Printers’ Control Panel, as well as DLing and installing official Driver from TM portal.
Is there a way to somewhat disable the buttons of this Stick to move things like if I was using the keyboard?!

Do yourself a favor and wipe the default profile and create your own custom mappings for whatever plane you fly. Theres probably a load of worthless or stupid key bindings in that default profile.

1 Like

You can determine the keyboard key action to see what is mappped to it.

Search by action, Lights

Then you can map the action to your joystick button.

1 Like

Yep, done upon your very suggestion.
I agree, there are things, choices made by the constructor… let’s say, ehm, not very useful. I nonetheless duplicated the whole profile, named it differently and started deleting lotsa things (and adding as well :slight_smile: ). Anyway, I must admit, with the help of some kind people here in these forums, I removed the drivers installed via the Thrustmaster official driver installer, and I have indeed noticed that, yeah, INSIDE the Simulator itself, the HAT switch behaves weirdly, but on the other hand, while ‘flying’ (that is, while I am inside the cockpit, or anyway, flying an aircraft) the stick behaves perfectly; it’s is brand new after all. Seems there is some kind of issue within the Sim alone, but for what I can understand (very little, to be honest) this seems related to the drivers installed by MicroSoft when detects a new device. It’s just an educated guess, but I bet this is what is happening in the depths of the drivers and packages of the OS. Anyway, I somewhat solved the problem, simply ignoring almost every button and swicth of the stick itself when navigating inside MSFS 2020 menus. For which action, I simply use the mouse as I have ever did. :wink:
Thank you all, guys.
Take care.

1 Like