Taburet -- USA Northeast Roads

https://secure.simmarket.com/taburet-usa-northeast-roads-msfs.phtml

Has anyone tried any of the Taburet roads releases? This looks interesting. Depending on if anyone has tried any of these I might pick it up.

“The function of this scenery is to modified the roads with new asphalt texture and clearing misplaced trees on motorways. This scenery consist of: Repaving of Motorways; Primary; Secondary; Trunk Roads. Exclusion of trees on Motorways Roads and residentials roads.The newly paved roads after installation of this addon are visible on cockpits mapping instruments and default Vfr map. It has been made with Msfs smooth running in mind but will still provide valid vfr informations while you fly. Vast coverage of all North East of United States.”

If anybody has tried it, I would be interested to know what happens to the roads when there’s snow on the ground. I always dislike the fact that the stock roads become white in snow conditions, making VFR navigation difficult. In real life most main roads would be ploughed and clear. So what happens with this new add on? Do the textures go white, or are they ploughed?

4 Likes

To anyone purchasing this, be sure to read the requirements (minimum i7, 16gb RAM, 6GB VRAM). According to this, my system won’t be able to run it (without turning the game into a slideshow, I guess?)

1 Like

Then we do need some feedback from users.

Just be careful with Taburet stuff, it’s normally pretty poor quality. I can’t speak for everything they do, but they do churn out huge amounts of add-ons which I think speaks for itself.

Read some of the reviews of their other products on SimMarket first.

3 Likes

I concur with this statement, they/he was pumping out mods not long after MSFS was released and one was a free mod which was appalling, it wasn’t a good selling point for their paid mods!

Whilst I always respect the effort of all modders, some are clearly in it for a quick buck and Taburet falls into that category for me, I’m not alone in this either as above read the reviews. The effort is there, the execution is not.

1 Like

with all respect to your opinion; but let me tell you lots and lots of work and hours goes into the work we do here; and as all devs surely some scene are better than other; so are the sims.
there is no quick buck here; mostly is hard work than anything else; with packages keeping being updated as the sim move along.
by the way; talking about the roads; the main objects is not to repave roads which the sim do not need; but to mark roads on the vfr map as many have asked me to do so; plus we can clear that enormous amount of trees that pop everywhere; with lots of roads looking like forests rather than urban areas;
repaving of roads; will show major roads better in sim while fly over it; and will trace roads on vfr map and cabin mapping instruments. We also enforce exclude to clear roads and railways of trees; having said that we can only do to major roads on dense populated scenery areas; while on scenery where there is less population density we enforce and clear as much we can due msfs performance under control; we add but at same time keep performance acceptable; for the specification we indicated;
nothing is easy and simple in msfs if you like to take it further; and that is what we exactly do here; and with no terrain sdk; always bear that in mind.
I am here and happy to replay to any question you have. Right now i am updating yet again the whole packages to give the best we can.
ray

3 Likes

Despite not having the minimum requirements for this mod, I went ahead and gave US Northeast a try. I had to remove bgl file for residential streets in order to get the sim to load, so I can only speak for the highways. They do look a lot clearer than they do with the default. You may want a review from someone with a stronger system than mine, though.

Also works with Bijan’s Four Seasons package.

EDIT: No fps loss, either.

what about with snow?

Please check your Private Messages. Thanks.

You can see the roads with snow! This is the NY State Thruway (I-87) and a secondary road, NY-17, to the left.

This is really what makes it worth the $12 or so.

3 Likes

make sure you update to version 1.3 as the new version changes are major.

2 Likes

I purchased my copy on flightsim.com, but it hasn’t updated there yet.

Those sharp angles on the road curves look awful. If this is fixed it will be a great step forward.

yep; we fixed that shading problem; i made a video to show what exactly and how the new updated version work;

flightsim.com shop will get the new updated files today

3 Likes

why does a texture mod have such high requirements

we want to make sure those who go for it are comfortable using it
it is more than a texture mod; injecting data into the vfr map. Is a map mod rather than a texture mod; having said that roads are more visible than default roads after repave; and motorway are cleared of invading trees.

I’ve installed the USA Midwest Roads v1.3. Should animated road traffic still appear on the updated roads? It seems as if traffic only appears on driveway, private roads, etc. only?

I have the Northeast and Southeast roads add-ons and I have an issue with the road textures not going in the same direction as the road. Some do go in the right direction but others go perpendicular or diagonal.

Here’s another example of my road textures going the wrong way.
I’d appreciate any help in figuring this out and correcting the issue.