Tail numbers are missing

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

YES

Brief description of the issue:

Tail numbers of ALL default aircraft simply vanished after previous update.
Just after updating my sim to SU12, tail numbers of all Microsoft default aircraft don’t appear. I tried safe mode, but no difference.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same for me, suddenly they are all missing.

1 Like

Before SU12 it was only missing on the tbm930, but now on all aircraft.
Outside on the tail and inside on the plate, no numbers.

1 Like

I encountered the same problem. Under aircraft customization I checked the “Show Tail Number” box and got the numbers back. I don’t play online so I’m not sure how that will impact others.

2 Likes

No

My custom callsign is N316TS is not showing, but I still see the tail number. I also tried it with a blank callsign and still didn’t see the issue. Also on Microsoft Store version. Not sure why this might be happening.

1 Like

Since as long as I can remember I have had the same registration and call sign for all of my GA aircraft, I entered it, somewhere, once and it stuck - it was there for every aircraft without me doing anything. I never did manage to assign a call sign that was different to the ac registration but for GA that’s how it is. Since SU12 it seems that I have to ‘customise’ every aircraft that I select to fly each time I chose to fly it. Additionally, I have started to fly the Hawk T1 and I thought, being military I would enter the proper tail letters/numerals for the aircraft and assign myself a mil style call sign. Doesn’t work at all :thinking:

Am I missing something?

Yes. In HANGER only, but I don’t recall Custom Tail Numbers ever working in the Hanger?

Haven’t flown all aircraft since SU12, but all that I have flown, do have my custom numbering when in flight.
All were set long long ago.

I just figured out the cause of this problem. It was solved by just checking “Show tail number”. This part was not working, but it seems to have been fixed in the last update.
However, the TBM930 and Citation-Longitude remain bugged. This has been going on since before the last update, and it’s hard to understand why the dev group is leaving such a rudimentary issue unfixed.