Tall buildings Hot Fix needed immediately!

Just after I spent 6 hours reinstalling today due to Patch #3 glitches, I now booted in and immediately noticed these ugly buildings all around my home town. I agree this is unacceptable (yet again) and deserves a quick fix.

2 Likes

Good point, I was just thinking what if its on a per server, Cache basis? Alot are reporting tall buildings everywhere so I figured its everyone im from Cali but currently flying in Europe. Just landed in Madrid, flew over homes near the mountain approaching runway 18 and far away i see downtown and skyscrapers so it looked normal in this area but again I’m not familiar with these cities.

also in the french alps valleys and Chamonix. in some there are houses stuck on a square pillar 200 feet up lol

Looks more like Seoul or Tokyo. I am afraid we will have to wait for another 2 weeks to get this fixed.

Tall buildings need a hotfix?
Are you aware of the other bugs reported on this forum?

Yeah this is honestly terrible. 100% a new bug as of Patch #3.

Just take a look at the Chicagoland suburbs facing West towards Iowa farms. These circled buildings are new and totally incorrect:

Go read the section where I replied to a fellow simmer saying if its a several second numbers change without requiring to stop anything or disregarding simmers who are having install issues. Not that they’ll do it if they dont want to but if they are able to that’d be cool.

Do you realise how complicated those other issues are, compared to this issue which is just a case of an incorrect model being used in blacksharks ai, literally a code swap is the fix.

1 Like

This is meant to be just all houses, 1-3 stories MAX

Obviously, the whole world was spoiled for the sake of Japan alone. This is unprofessional for such a large development team. Wasn’t that checked before the patch was released?

1 Like

Middle of the countryside, what should be barns, or small village singular homes, are random office blocks in middle of nowhere, even the countryside is affected aswell as small towns and villages :frowning:

2 Likes

Building size issues have been around since alpha as well many other issues. Its really starting to be a joke anymore. I would have figured they have fixed some of them but it appears other issues are more important. Glad I have that other sim without these issues, I find myself less and less not even wasting my time on this product.

1 Like

We shoulda never unlock high density residential and commercial XD

2 Likes

This view this time yesterday you could barely see the roofs of the buildings behind the trees there in the distance, now the whole airport is completely overshadowed with these huge office blocks, what on earth did they do to fck it up so much!

Tall buildings on my rural street destroys the immersion of VFR flight. I’ve been flying almost daily since release date and no other bug has made me stop flying until now.

The fact that they can’t do hot fixes is most definitely related to the the approval process.

Look how long it takes for 3rd party devs to update their marketplace versions of paid addons when they obviously released addons on their own site it’s instant, you are waiting quite some time before the marketplace is updated due to the same reason Asobo won’t release hot fixes.

1 Like

I am one of those who bought this simulator for the amazing immersion that it has offered. Unfortunately these tall buildings are severely diminishing the said immersion and the pleasure of flying. I really hope that the original buildings will be brought back.
I can’t help myself wondering why Asobo has decided to change things that nobody complained about, when there are so many other things that really require their attention.

Literally every single village in the UK has crazy tall buildings, ill be in the middle of nowhere like the dorset country side and in the distance ill just see one random tall black building completely ruining the immersion and realism, like you said RogueLeader, not much stopped me flying unless it was a CTD, but this however, I’m trying hard to ignore it too, but it’s way too much, it’s not like the odd building here and there, it’s every single little tiny village and little town in the whole country.

What was beautiful green hills and lovely cottages of Dorset, is now random office blocks poking out, ugly as sin.

2 Likes

I don’t want the original buildings back. I want a total redo. Right from the release on Aug 18, rural villages in the UK had buildings that were way too tall. The update today has just pushed the problem into wider circulation so more people are noticing it. This is a global issue, so there must be an algorithm issue in data interpretation that needs revising. Hopefully an easy fix, but one that needs doing as this error is ruining immersion for a lot of people.

1 Like

Are the tall buildings around the airports because Big Bear Lake has a couple of 30 story buildings next to the airport. I was there in June, they sure build fast Yes, we need 1.9.4 to fix this Check it out L35