Taxi Sings Diagram for KDTW

Is there a website where i can get the taxi sign diagram for DTW? I am not talking about the charts, i have navigraph.

As an example i want to know what does the signs circled in the pictures show so i can configure them as close as possible to the real world.
Thanks in advanced

1 Like

Those should be the signs showing the taxiways and runways. An airport diagram should show you which taxiway is which. Are you a scenery for DTW? If so, I’d be interested. I fly out of KDET a lot but if there were a good DTW add-on I would love to get it.

Does this help?

1 Like

Please please please make a KDTW scenery. I’d pay good money for it.

1 Like

I will try my best to get the taxi signs as accurate as i can
And yes i am working on KDTW for the last 8-10 weeks, i lost count :smile:
I uploaded a couple of pictures with the progress here:
https://www.facebook.com/OltcitRoom/

1 Like

00119AD (skyvector.com)

This is the runway/airport map, maybe it will help. For USA skyvector has all of them. www.skyvector.com - plus you can plan a flight on the site as well.

To answer your question directly, which people don’t seem to understand, no. At least I haven’t found any publicly available resources for the layout of taxiway signage at any particular airport online. Your best bet is to get on the grounds and take pictures.

There are standards for sign size and placement in some instances, but, for the most part, every single airport is done very differently if you’re looking for an accurate layout.

Granted, there are likely documents that exist that show the layout, but, you’d most likely have to contact the airport manager to get access to them.

It’s one of the reasons I don’t do large airports. I pretty much only do airports I can fly into and walk around and take pictures. I do also infer information from satellite photos as well. And then I look for pictures of planes taxiing around the airport, you can sometimes get glimpses of signage that way.

Thanks , i think i figure out what taxiway signs to add the the taxiways at DTW. At least i didnt get any complains :smile:

1 Like