TBM 930 Autopilot wont engage ALT hold or VS

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes , tried that

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

TBM 930

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

latest - no mods

Brief description of the issue:

When flying without a flight plan I seem to be able to get the autopilot to engagew HDG, NAV, ALT and VS - but with a simbrief FP I can’t get ALT and VS to engage. Everything else seems to be working.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Have you tried it with a WM flight plan to see if you have the same issue when not using simbrief plan? I’ve never had an issue with those AP modes using a WM plan.
Regards

I’ve never had an issue with any AP modes with any flight plan including simbrief.

I wonder if the Simbrief plan import enforces Altitude Constraints on your plan’s waypoints. Call up the FPL page and see.

Hi! WM FPs are working fine. I’ve not touched anything on the PFD or MSD but I’m happy to report these seem to work fine.

1 Like

I’ve checked and the import does not seem to indicate/show any constraints. When this happens and the ALT/VS are not working as expected I need to hold the plane climb, otherwise it will just dive and crash. Another thing that does not work is the trim.

I’m thinking I’ve got something installed in the wrong order…but the, the other planes are OK… I’m doing a lot of testing to compile/complete the report…but since all of you are OK with the TBM AP I’m convinced this is something specific to my instalation. :persevere:

2 Likes

Ok. I don’t know if this is bug but I think(!) it can be reproduced. Make a FP in simbrief but do not load it via the WM. Instead, load it via the MFD using the simbrief import function. Now, if I’m not crazy, you will see eveything looks fine from the planes perspective. Go fly and engage the autopilot and see if you also suffer from the plane not holding ALT or VS at all.
I’m grateful to all those that have looked and spent time on this issue. Like I said before: Don’t load the FP into the WM. Use the simbrief import function in the MFD.

That’s exactly how I did all my flights.
I actually redid them yesterday just for fun, and again no issues.

So just to double-check – you’re starting from cold & dark, and you’re following the checklist including switching on the A/P and trim on the overhead panel?

Many thanks for looking into this again. I just don’t know what is going on.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for checking here…yes, indeed cold & dark and upper panel switches checked. The AP is on - it actually holds NAV pretty well - but not ALT/VS.

1 Like

What are you using as a controller?

Alpha & Bravo quadrants - love them and they work well with all the other planes I fly.
This issue is specific to the TBM…

Can you set up a flight using a custom waypoint as a start so that you spawn in the air, and start a flight with only your mouse connected.
That may help figuring out where the issue is.