TBM 930 - No modes announced on the PFD

Haven’t flown the TBM 930 in a while and tonight when I thought I would do a short flight, I can’t get any modes to engage looking at the PFD. Not for pitch nor for roll.

Pressing the HDG button, the NAV button, the V/S button. All these would normally be shown on the annunciator panel at the top of the PFD. Tonight though, no matter what I do none of them show on the PFD as the active pitch/roll mode. Even when the button on the MCP or whatever it’s called in the TBM lights up.

This also means I can’t engage the AP. Since it doesn’t have any active mode to follow.

I’ve tried switching all automatics off including the YD and the FD and then back on. All to no avail.

Didn’t see this before as I can recall and not sure if it’s just a one-time stupid thing happened over here or if I’m missing something obvious.

Any ideas?

I’ve had that happen a few times. Something just didn’t load. For me, if I exit the sim and restart, it has always worked right the second time. Not sure if that’s the issue here, or something else, but give it a try (if you haven’t already).
Regards

Thanks, will try what you suggest.

One thing I did before starting the flight which maybe was what caused this issue is I was in developer mode and reloaded the aircraft several times to adjust the default seating position without having to go back to the main menu every time I adjusted the values in the camera.cfg file.

1 Like

Is the AP switch enabled on the upper eyebrow panel (right side)?

2 Likes

Yes, I checked that one too.

I’m sure it will be fine next time I fly the TBM :+1: