TBM 930 strange behavior in cockpit

This morning the cockpit of my stock TMB 930 had a strange look: the left (speed) and right (altitude) scales where showing a succession of Xs instead of numerals and none of the keys under the PFD and MFD display were working. In addition the AP was on without possibility to turn it off and both PFD and MFD were barely readable (too dim)
Maybe I should remove this plane and re-download it, so come my question: how do I do that?
Thanks in advance for your help
J-L

Moved to #self-service:aircraft-systems

Hi, to re install the TBM (I did it a few times) locate the tbm directory in your official folder, then delete it and re start the sim; it will re-install itself
hope this helps

Thanks a lot but it did not solve the problem which incidentally might not be limited to my TMB930 since it also happens with the glass cockpit of the King Air, the DA40NG and theJMB-VL3 : the left (speed) and right (altitude) scales are showing a succession of XXXXXs instead of numerals and none of the keys under the PFD and MFD display were working. In addition the AP was on without possibility to turn it off and both PFD and MFD were barely readable (too dim). Interestingly enough the A320 and the B747 PFD are also messed up! Could there be a relationship with a buggy Garmin for these planes? I am not excited at the idea of deleting/reinstalling the entire FS2020 program…

Such a strange error. I flew the TBM for a long time, both the native and the mod. Sometimes I got errors on both, sometimes on the mod only. Usually they occurred after a SU, like now. If your is not related to TBM only, it could be a system problem. Didi you change language of your system, or deleted/updated fotns libraries? I got a persistent ATC voice error because my system is set to Italian. Maybe your proble is also related to some incmpatibility with Windows fonts.

So B747 and A320 PFD have problems too? This doesn’t look like a TBM-issue, or even a Garmin-issue. I fly all these planes without these issues. But I use the modded versions of these planes: Salty 747, FBW A32NX, Mixmugz TBM enhancement and WT G3000).

Bellus1072,

I am experiencing the same issue with the TBM Mod and the King Air. I tried to deleting the Garmin 1000 however, that did not resolve the issue for me. Have you found a resolution to this issue? Thanks,

I noticed a similar thing with some Xs on the displays; it seemed that an avionics switch was off that would usually be on at startup. It may also have been a binding to one of my Honeycomb throttle switches that hadn’t been reset correctly

same here. Everything was ok, more or less (a lot of known problems but not too serious), until yesterday, then the new update and voilà new errors again… TBM 930 grounded…

No unfortunately, no solution yet

Empty or rename your community folder, see if the issue is resolved, then place mods back one by one to find the one causing the issue.

1 Like

Hello,

what I can say, I have only last WT3000 and all is working ok. Mix of more TBM addons can be problem.

Right on Nijntje91!! I forgot the #1 rule: if there is a problem, empty the community folder
All my glass cockpits are now OK, I guess I will have work to do to identify the culprit…
Thanks again

Okay. Thanks Bellus1072.

ciao.
Solved. I had PMS50-GTN750 (free) in my community folder and it was the problem of XXXX.
I installed the latest version of this tool and everything is ok now.

1 Like