TBM 930 Streamdeck buttons

I just can’t find the state variable I need to show it as active / inactive on my button.

If the ENG ANTI ICE:1 == 1.0, then it’s on, with simvars. Or you can read it as a boolean. If you’re using guifarias31/msfs_tbm930_project: Improvement project for the MSFS default TBM930. (github.com), then it’s 0.874 instead of 1.0.

it’s instant instead of the usual delay.

I’m not sure what software you’re using, but if it allows for interpolation, you can increase it from 0…1 over the course of 30 seconds, and the same for turning off.

It seem that ANTI_ICE_TOGGLE_ENG1 is the value to switch the inertial separator on from what I read on another thread. THat’s the only one that’s worked for me so far. I got that working. I would like to be able to display the on/off status on the button like other toggles.

None of the related variables seem to work. I’ve been through the list of commands from the XLS for the plugin and tried everythign that made sense to try. I’ve gone through the MSFS and SimConnect SDK for its values as well, and none work.

PANEL_ANTI_ICE_SWITCH returns a 0 to the button and nothing else. Doesn’t matter if it’s on or off, it always displays 0.

I appreciate these input, but unfortuinately that doesn’t work. I’m using the TBM mod. I tried with a value of 0.874, but it doesn’t shot the status on the Stream Deck button.

I removed the TBM mod, and tried with the value of 1.0. Doesn’t work either.

The switch works to switch the IS on and off, although like I said, instantly instead of a delay. I’m using the “FlightDeck” plugin. Not sure there’s a way to do that 30 second delay. I suspect that’s how it’s coded in the actual TBM when you hit the cockpit switch - it delays for 30 secs before actually activating the command or ramps it up / down slowly for 30 seconds.

1 Like

Don’t know if by now there are solutions out there for this (I haven’t fully kept up with this subject for a while), but I finally found a way to trigger the actual cockpit switch (including the 30s buildup) with a StreamDeck button. I got it working by using AxisAndOhs which can discover and read LVARs and HVARs. There is indeed an LVAR for the switch (XMLVAR_InertSep1_Switch), and by using AAO’s Streamdeck plugin you can easily map it to an SD button, works great!

There also seems to be an LVAR for AP Trim (and maybe others), haven’t tried this out yet but that’s the next I’m going to look at.

Dirk

2 Likes

I’ve been looking for a command for the AP Trim/Disconnect button in the TBM 930 to be able to assign it to a button on my physical yoke. Someone pointed me in this direction, were you able to figure out how to map/assign that button in the TBM 930?

Sorry, I haven’t pursued this any further, shortly afterwards I discovered the WT CJ4 and haven’t flown any other aircraft ever since… :upside_down_face:

It looks like the switch is defined in TBM930_interior.xml (search for XMLVAR_APTrim), but at the time I couldn’t immediately figure out how to trigger this

Good luck,

Dirk

2 Likes

Ok, thanks anyway :+1:

Hello
I try to map this button with the LVAR XMLVAR-APTrim (I use the mobiflight modul and the .evt file in fsuipc but it does not respond!

Hi
Can you say how you mapped the stream deck button for inert?
Only just stumbled on stream deck and axisandohs and am using the mobile version of stream deck for the tbm930 and loving it. Thanks

I’m not flying the TBM any more these days, but I still have the SD profile and I’ll have a look later tonight…

Cheers mate. I have found the lvars for the inert on axisandohs, but don’t know how to use them on streamdeck. Can’t seem to find tutorials how it’s done? Thanks

Update:
After a couple of hours messing around with AXISANDOHS, I managed to find out how get the Inert Sep switch to work on streamdeck (switch on and off) on panel.

Create OnOff Switch in Streamdeck from Lorby-SI AxisAndOhs plugin.

Write event: L XMLVAR_InertSep1_Switch, Number
On value: 1
Write event: L XMLVAR_InertSep1_Switch, Number
OFF value: 0
Read variable: L XMLVAR_InertSep1_Switch, Number
ON value: 1
Submit

Mines working perfectly

1 Like

Ha, was just about to post a screenshot of my settings… :wink: But awesome you figured it out yourself, that’s even better! :+1:

2 Likes

Would someone mind posting a screenshot of a script for AXISANDOHS that actually works for this? I’m trying to use it to bind a switch on my Bravo throttle quadrant to the inertial separator and I’m not having any luck.

Here’s what I’ve tried for my script:

(L:Scripts-XMLVAR_InertSep1_Switch)·(>L:XMLVAR_InertSep1_Switch,Number)

And I set it to either 0 or 1 in the assigned button configuration, e.g. this for the on position:

But nothing happens in the sim, and I don’t even see any events show up in the developer tools console.

I figured out my issue: I had to restart the sim so the extension associated with AXISANDOHS was loaded and worked. Easy after that. Woot!

Dear all, thanks for the hints.
I just tried to get it working. But something I’m doing wrong. Do you know what?

1 Like

The xml inert sep switch no longer exist since SU5

Ok, thx.
Let’s wait for the next update

I’m using my streamdecks as much as possible:
Flightracker and AAO are in use, but I’m not realy familiar with scripting

Are the other functions / variables availabe?

• Bleed?
  • Fuel tank selector?
  • Inert Sep?
  • Doors :laughing: ?

FWIW the Anti Ice On and off functions are purely cosmetic. it might show in the MFD and PFD but the separator does not actually deploy.

You can see that by looking at LVARS:XMLVAR_INERTSEP1_Deployment and Active. You can also detect reduced operational performance when really deployed and can track it in the debugger if you care to deep dive on it.