TBM930 autopilot crazy behaviour

Hellol,
Continuing to explore the TBM930 I planned a flight from Ajaccio LFKJ to Nice LFMN using SimBrief and imported it into MSFS. After adjusting some of the waypoints which MSFS didn’t recognize including the SID LONS1R, I took off and engaed the AP in GPS mode to follow the route.
All went OK initially and the plane followed the route, then suddenly it started banking steeply to the right. I corrected this manually and the AP picked up the route again. A few minutes later the same thing happened repeatedly.

Anyone experienced this type of problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Just checking, have you switched on the autopilot and trim switch on the upper panel and is the CDI is set to follow GPS and not Nav?

Cheers

Steve

Yes, both were selected. It did lock onto the route for several minutes before banking. I’m going to retry the same route later.

What stick/yoke/controller are you using?

Logitech Flight Yoke

Sometimes the controller is showing a lot of “noise” on one axis or another that is enough to disconnect the AP. Anyone who owned the TCA Airbus with the noisy potentiometer on the rudder axis experienced this (I’m one of them). When the axis was twitching hard enough, the AP on the TBM would disconnect and roll in the direction of whichever way the axis was biased towards.

Try going into the sensitivities settings for your yoke and give a little (about 4) of dead zone to the middle of the line. I’m not at my computer but the adjustment is about halfway down the list of adjustments. That should help the spike situation.

I reprogrammed basically the same flightplan in MSFS rather than importing it from SImbrief and had no issues this time. Not sure if this was a coincidence or not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.