TBM930 Mods

Until Asobo repairs the reverse logic for the PT6 engines, I doubt that will happen.

I know. Thatā€™s a pretty major issue. Itā€™s slated to be fixed in Sim Update 3, which should be in February. But I also know how Asobo ā€œfixā€ things. Theyā€™ve ā€œfixedā€ the weather several times now.

2 Likes

I blooming wondered why i kept having to throttle back as i climbed!! Thought that made no sense but i dont fly what do i know :joy:

1 Like

Well, this mod does help alleviate this. Torque indeed decreases with altitude, so thatā€™s a big plus. Itā€™s still not true to the way it should actually operate, but thatā€™s due to the issues with the TP logic in the sim. Thereā€™s only so much a mod can fix.

The landing light is a bit intense. Probably more than it should be. Although I do appreciate the brighter taxi lights. Theyā€™re rather anemic in stock form and near useless. Itā€™s like when you hit the light switch, a panel opens in the fuselage, and out crawls a midget holding a cigarette lighter.

2 Likes

tbm930.pln (72.4 KB)

This is far away from a official mod, and is not intended to be one (since iā€™m actively tweaking it when i find some behaviour i dislike). Is just myself tweaking some engines and flightmodels for learning. But is true that this one is more accurate is terms of airplane geometry (example: the stock tbm flightmodel has defined fuselage length as -1 which is not correct) and handling behaviour (you will see how rudder response is not so aggressive). Guys, this is not about hardcode, is just, many of the flightmodels and engines of the stock planes are mostly a copy paste with small changes made in each one and not made by real pilots, so thatā€™s what you can expect.

Iā€™m importing some legacy fighters aircraft as T45c Goshawk and F-35a from dino cataneo for private use with msfslegacyimporter and you cannot make and idea how you have to rebuild the entire flight model and engines to make them flyable and manouverable, but iā€™m really enjoyning the results iā€™m achieving.

Just rename feom *.pln to *.rar and place in your community folder (uncompressed of course). Friendly feedback is always appreciated since iā€™m also a not real pilot and i like to learn in the right way.

Hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

No offense, but Iā€™d prefer use a mod that has a proper repo on GitHub or page on flightsim.to that explains what it does, what it changes from the stock performance, has change logs associated with it, and I know is going to be updated version after version of the sim.

I will check it out nonetheless and see what you did. But will likely stick with the TBM mod mentioned above.

2 Likes

Not not offense at all. You are free to do what you consider. As i told before, this is far from intended to be a mod :wink:

Using the improvement project of the TBM930, if I disconnect the AP and try to connect again, the airplane start a dive, and I can not connect again the AP, so I have to fly manually.

Iā€™ve been using the TBM mod since the original dev first released it, and I canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever experienced what youā€™re describing. All the mod does is change engine and performance parameters. fuel consumption, etc. It has nothing to do with the AP.

That said, there have been descriptions of other AP issues that sound similar to that with other planes. Iā€™d be more suspicious of it being a bug with the core AP in the sim than a problem with the mod.

Since latest update, cabin pressure always bust the 10 000ā€™ if im climbing over FL290. No difference between auto and max diff

It a bit annoying, but not a huge deal.

Am i the only 1 with that problĆØm?

I understand that the next sim update will include a lot of enhancements to the G3000. Will this render the ā€˜Working Title G3000ā€™ obsolete? Or will we still need or be able to use this addon? Asobo hasnā€™t really been specific about what is changing on the G3000

1 Like

Much appreciated :slight_smile:

I found increased CTDs with the project mod too, but no issues with the working title G3000 mod - I highly recommend that one

I guess we need to wait and see

I donā€™t trust Asobo enough for them to make a competent G3000; I really hope they just integrate the G3000 from WT into basegame.

With the last mod we can open the doors, thatā€™s fine. My simple question is, somebody knows how to close the pax door ? :grinning:
Iā€™ve tried from inside, from outside, clicking everywhere but nothing happens

Iā€™m a dumb I know :joy:

You can click on the door handle and it will close.

Nothing seems to happen when I click any of the handles for some reason. From the outside the doors seem cracked open, and inside I have 2 pilots now? Not really sure what Im missing.

Are you using any custom livery?

Nope - but I think I have it sorted now. Looked like it was the YourControls addon. I removed it from the community directory and all is well now!