TBM930 Throttle: Can’t move across the “H” with the mouse

Can’t move across the “H” with the mouse.
I have a Honeycomb Bravo but can’t find an example of how the map it.

Any help out there?

tia

From high idle to flight idle? Its a combo of left and right click

Hello,

I moved your post to Aviate, Navigate, Communicate , as this is the area for flying issues and help.

I also updated the title. We want people to be able to understand each topic if and when they show up in search results.

I don’t think anyone has found a good way to use a throttle quadrant to do this, but yes you can use a mouse, is just much more tricky than it should be. It’s like moving the throttles in the F/A-18 from cutoff to idle. I think it’s click and hold left button, and while holding, click the right button. It’s very temperamental.

2 Likes

The TBM’s single lever does move in response to inputs from the pitch and mixture axes on a quadrant, and the engine reacts appropriately. It’s just that the lever might not move where you think it should be. Still, it works.

This issue ruins cold and dark for this plane. I can move the lever to the low idle with the mouse, but it will not stay there, bounces around like pogo stick always finishing on taxi position.
Is this a common issue?

I don’t think so. I’ve never had that happen.

My guess is you have a binding to one of the throttle/mixture/prop axes that is confusing the sim.

1 Like

No.
I have a Logitech X56 throttle. I controll the throttle when it is on the right side (cutoff->low-idle->high-idle) with the mouse without problems. The X56 throttle is pulled back all the way during this.
Once the engine runs, I switch with the mouse from high-idle to flight-idle on the left side. Then I controll the throttle with the X56 (except of reverse thrust, this I also control with the mouse). Moving the X56 when the throttle lever is on the right side will result in the lever instantly jumping to the left side (flight-idle). So you need to make sure that your physical throttle does not introduce fake inputs (e.g. a glitchy input axis).

So long story short: a mixed throttle control with mouse and physical throttle does work. If it behaves as you described it, there might be a physical problem with you throttle quadrant not delivering a clean throttle signal.

1 Like

I thought so too, so I disabled the prop axis but it didn’t help. It’s the throttle for sure though.

I have the same X56 and have been doing exactly what you do. And yes if I so much as bump my desk after setting cut off the throttle jumps to taxi. I believe you are correct and I have an issue with a clean signal.
Thanks for your post

Hi, maybe it is something simple as just the tension screw (on the left side) has losen itself and the throttle therefore moves to easily and causes faulty imputs when you bump at you desk?

This tension screw/mechanism of the X56 is its weak point, I don’t like really. It is very hard to set it up correct so that it feels natural.

You can also try to set the curves for the throttle impot with some dead zone so that when the throttle is set to 0 it needs a little more imput to recognize a change. This can also help to eliminate the behavior you are experiencing.

1 Like

Yeah that tension screw is little screwy, I usually have it somewhere in the middle and wind it up if I see the throttle slowly increase without my input.
Now setting the curves with a flat spot is a good idea, I’ll try that tonight good suggestion thanks.

1 Like

Totally worked, what a relief, great thought thanks again. :+1:
Hope the OP get’s something from this too.

1 Like

Great that it worked, you are welcome!

Yes I hope the OPs issue is similar and can be solved too.