TCA airbus officer pack: Overlapping mappings?

The first thing I did when I got my TCA officer pack… I cleared all my bindings from the sidestick, and rebind the commands manually. I find the default bindings are not as intuitive and a lot of the functions are not needed.

For the Throttle quadrant, I keep the default, but I duplicate that default profile because there’s a lot of bindings that are necessary to be bound that way to make them work. Especially when you have the spoilers and flaps addons attached. However, if you don’t have the addons attached, make sure you remove the binding from the default Throttle profile. Because if you have spoilers and flaps bound in the throttle, but you don’t have the addons attached, the hardware will be sending the sim with “phantom inputs” which can make your spoilers and flaps move on its own, which is problematic if you’re in a middle of a cruise at 0.81 Mach.

So in your throttle default bindings, make sure you keep everything default, but also remove the bindings that you don’t have the buttons for. And in my sidestick, I actually cleared the whole profile, start a new profile from blank, and rebinding the command to the way I like it.

3 Likes