TCA Boeing Edition Throttle Reverser Problem

Hi,

Well, SU7 came out, and it appears that the bug has not been fixed yet. I tried assigning the thrust Reversers on my Boeing Throttle, with no luck. Still unassignable. It’s a pity, I was really looking forward to getting this sorted out. Hopefully on the next update. Has anyone had better luck or is everyone else on the same boat regarding this issue?

Mario

When mine arrives in a couple of days, I’ll be sure to let you know what I find.

I assigned reverser to throttle decrease with button pressed option. And for throttle cut with button release option. Works really good. Also set this with spadnext setting same events and also works OK You have option for all engines (Throttle decrease) or each engine (Throttle decrease [1-4]). If you struggle to set it up I can make printscreens when I will get to sim later on. Reverser on this quadrant are only on and off but with spadnext you can make script to controll reverser thrust using throttle axis once reverser activated not very realistic though.

Thanks Nixon, I’ll be curious if you get the TR’s to work. I don’t have any problems assigning the reversers on my Bravo Quadrant, or on my TCA Airbus Edition Throttle Quad, but so far, completely unsuccessful with the TCA Boeing Editon.
Please let me know! Thanks.

Mario

Thanks very much for the update darth0dan, I’d very much be interested in seeing a printscreen!
Thanks again, this has sdure been a struggle for me.

Mario

Hey I found a little time to do it now. Below is my mapping for left reverser and right. They are mapped as button 5 and button 6. You need to assign same button for both throttle decrease and throttle cut and ignore error about double assignment for now.

Once you have them assigned. Open throttle decrease and set action type on press. This will activate reversers to full power. And open throttle cut and set action type to release. This will close reversers and set throttle to idle.

This is a bit of hack but works for me. I broke something with my spadnext profile and can’t load it now but can update it later on once will have it working again.

As extra tip make sure you have cleared deadzones for a throttles. For some reason by default I had quite huge dead zone set and had not thrust authority in middle of lever track. I hope will work for you.

3 Likes

Mine worked too. I only used the THROTTLE 1 and 2 DECREASE to the two reversers I’m using (on the 2nd and 3rd levers) and they engaged TR on the CRJ for me. But I am going to try what @darth0dan did too. Seems more a slick setup.

I have the same set up now, but when I pop the TRs back to disengaged, it doesn’t seem to revert to idle TR or forward thrust again.

i.e. after pushing the TRs back to forward, they are still engaged:

I still nudge the throttles forward to revert back to idle thrust with no TRs. Is there anything I’m missing? (Dead zone on the throtttles at idle or something?) My sensitivity is set the same as yours.

Hi CuzDawg3

I think that you always have to nudge the the throttles forward a little always to revert back to idle. that’s what I always do with even my Bravo Quad. For now, I’m going to follow what darth0dan and you did to see if I can get these TR’s working on the TCA Boeing Throttle.
Thanks.

Mario

Hi darthodan,

Thanks very much for the detailed outline on how to solve this saga. I will try it as soon as I can and report back the outcome. Thanks a bunch again!

Mario

Roger that. They definitely work on the TCA Boeing Throttle. I think that @darth0dan 's slick set should revert the TRs to idle since there’s the second command for “Throttle X cut” on “button release.” I had the Boeing TCA TRs just set to Throttle X Decrease, and that by themselves would engage TRs, but I was hoping the switching them off would bring them back to idle after the “on release” throttle cut command.

Glad to help guys. @CuzDawg3 I forgot to mentioned only plane with reversers I’m flying is CRJ. I’m waiting for PMDG to release their 737 to move to bigger jet. Maybe Asobo jets not reacting on throttle cut. I will have look if I can get working on them and get back to you

1 Like

Nice. I love the CRJ, but haven’t flown it with this setup yet. I’ll definitely give a go soon though and get back to you. I’m waiting for the PMDG 737 too (I had their original stuff back in the day). The heavy iron mod for the 787 makes the Asobo much better. I haven’t flown the 747 with the salty mod though. But I also don’t have dual TCA Boeing throttles yet. :slight_smile:

Edit: yes, this works PERFECTLY with the CRJ. Thank you!

Hi CuzDawg3,

Thanks for the info on getting the TR’s to work. I went ahead and used your system because I also couldn’t get the TR’s to disengage w/o nudging the throttles forward a bit with darth0dan’s system. And anyway, it’s not a bit deal for me to nudge the throttles forward to disengage the TR’s because that’s how I have to do it on my Bravo Quadrant.
On a side note. This system (of assigning the TR’s to Decrease the engines and no other assignments) does work with all the Asobo jets with TR’s. Thanks again.

Mario

Have you guys been able to corrctly set up the SEL button on the rotary switch? I can’t find any useful option in the settings

Hi darth0dan,

Got the TR’s to work. I used part of your system(Of simply assigning the TR’s to Decrease engine 1 & engine 2). It’s not a bit deal for me to have to nudge forward the TR’s to disengage them because that’s how I have to do it on my Bravo Quad anyway. Plus it was easier & quicker. Just to note: This system works perfectly with all the Asobo jets with TR’s.
Again, thanks for all the time & input that you provided regarding this issue. Hope I can repay the favor some time.

Mario

Hi saurer01,

I too, have been trying to get the SEL button to function w/o any luck so far. I’m wondering if this issue would get more exposure it had it’s own separate title?

Mario

@Saurer01 did make another post regarding the SEL switch here.

:slight_smile: From my experience with it so far, the switch is a single function and doesn’t tie to the rotary knob selected position at all. Not sure how to set a macro up to get it to change based on the rotary position (yet.)

This worked a treat for me. Just left me bamboozled why the Reverse Thrust assignment doesn’t seem to work. Thanks for the post!

1 Like

Finally, thanks to this post I was able to resolve my reverser issue.

1 Like