TCA Quadrant activate Flaps and Speed Break when pressing ESC

I have both the Joystick and the TCA Quadrant and I’m waiting the addon for the quadrant to be available for purchase.

While the A320 is parked or flying, weather it is turned off or on, if I press ESC (to change something in settings), when I go back to the aircraft, the FLAPS are in full and so is the Speed Break. I’ve tried without mods, with the default A320, with the FBW mod, without the joystick, without the XBox controller, and it’s always the same. I also tried with the default settings and with the one I modified and it is the same.

But, if I unplug the Quadrant and leave the joystick plugged or even without the joystick, pressing ESC doesn’t activate the flaps or the speed break.

I don’t know if this was introduced by the new sim update, because I got the TCA Officer Pack at the same time as the update was being installed.

Is this happening to someone else?

Yes, it seems to happen to everyone who has the TCA quadrant. You have to go in to your controller settings in MSFS and delete the flap and speed brake bindings to fix this.

2 Likes

Thank you, I deleted some things, but I don’t think I deleted those… I will try it.

You’re welcome. MSFS doesn’t realize the addon isn’t already connected to the TCA quadrant, so unfortunately it binds everything once you plug in and use the quadrant.

The only drawback to deleting is that once you get the add on, you will have to go back in and rebind the buttons they are assigned to.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you again!

Luckily I only have the two black buttons assigned to parking break and landing gear (both on the add on) and made a little tweak to the sensitivity settings to make the hardware match the sim, so I will just delete the profile and duplicate the default one and assign something else to those two buttons.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed it when i plug anything into my USB port that it activates full flaps and full speed brakes, not just when i have issues with the thrustmaster TCA, anyone else have this issue

1 Like

Hello @beastlycoward76 My issues went away when I deleted all bindings from the add on, which I don’t have. I haven’t connected a USB device while flying, so I don’t know. Maybe someone else has experienced this?