TCA Quadrant still not callibrating fully

My TCA Throttle Quadrant is still not callibrated fully with one axis being 5% off the other, the throttle works fine in FBW and Fenix aircraft as i can use the detent calibrator they provide, but when using light aircraft this can be very annoying. here are some photos, any fixes? ive tried to use DIView but its confusing me.

CLB Detent

FLX Detent

They are fully working on the TOGA and Full reverse detents, but all the rest are 5% off, should i speak to thrustmaster about this? Also i do have the addons but they work fine.

I have done the full callibration proccess many many times, and i know how to do it so its nothing to do with that…

Heres another image.

I will suggest to double check the following :

1. new calibration with Thrustmaster youtube tutorial How to calibrate your TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition - YouTube

2. on Sensitivity setting make sure that L–Axis X and L-AXIS Y are BOTH on +85% (forward) and about -65% on reverse . I have tried to reduce the +85% down to about +60% ,changing the curve,in order to have a better handling on speed during taxi activities (and it does it very well) but have noticed that this will also change the settings between IDLE and TOGA.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

1 Like

I will try this, thanks!

Still 5% off sadly

Quite strange it works with FBW and FENIX so it cannot be an hardware problem. It might be due to a MOD interfearance.I would temporary remove the mods from community folder and try again to see if it works

1 Like

Remember FBW and FENIX have throttle calibration tools, which are probably masking the issue. Looks like a hardware issue to me.

1 Like

Yes,possible.Being FBW and FENIX mods,that’s why I would remove them from the “community” folder to verify if they both are masking an hardware issue or if they are causing it.

1 Like

took both aircraft out of community, loaded up sim and same result sadly

Yes,very disappointing.I would do another trial . You have removed FBW and Fenix Mods from the Community folder but,maybe, you have other mods in there.If this is the case,I would remove ALL of them from there,do another calibration with Thrustmaster tools and reload the sim once more.
If this won’t work then,very likely ,it’s an hardware issue you may want to investigate with Thrustmaster assistance or return it to the seller if still possible.

Just go look at what Windows USB game controller interface tells you. 5% difference is big enough that you can visually tell it apart in the interface and your MSFS mods or settings have no influence on that at all.

As a workaround you could go set a custom sensitivity curve with Thrustmaster’s TARGET software suite to balance out the controllers (which is probably what this ingame “calibration” thing is doing with FBW and PMDG, I don’t fly airliners), but it does sound like something that would justify unit replacement if still under warranty.

Good news: I have found the problem
Bad News: the throttle 2 button (right side red button) does not work meaning i cant callibrate the right throttle axis, it explains all this thats happened. thank you all for your help :slight_smile: i have now contacted TM

1 Like

hi!, I have same issue, I just check the right red button and It doesnt work.
What can I do?

The poster above contacted the manufacturer.
You may have to as well.
If that isn’t a solution that works for you, you may have to take it apart and see if you can fix it.
Worn / broken wires are not uncommon in TM products.