TCM sidestick spring mod..?

I didnt know where else to post this so I figured this would be the right catagory.

When I fly the Bell 407 I have to push and hold the TCM side way forward all the time and quite literally is causeing my elbow and upper shoulder discomfort due to holding constant preassure all the time. The 407 wont trim forward with the hat switch, it only clicks rearward. That said, has anybody modded the spring in the sidestick so its easier to use with the helicopters in MSFS. There has to be a way. I cant find anything online that suggests this kind of modification.

I figured you home cockpit guys might have an answer seeing how you’s are hardware savvy.

Hi there,

Generally, questions about peripherals and such go in the tech category. I have moved your post there.

I’m not familiar with the TCM sidestick. Is that the Thrustmaster TCA sidestick?

If you don’t get any response in this category, feel free to edit your post and move it back to the Home Cockpit Builders category if you feel that you may have more luck in there.

Yes the Xbox version sidestick. Its ok, I dismantled it last night, tried using 2 zip ties to compress the spring on 2 sides and securing the zip ties in place on 2 sides with hot glue. That was a complete fail. So its back to the way it was. I’ll just have to adjust my seating posture and my grip reach to compensate. I wish I could use my Logitech 3D Pro stick with the 3D printed cyclic ball mod I did and use it with Xbox. But its not compatible.

Why not remove the spring(s) alltogether?

Adjusting the elevator trim should relieve most of the stick travel. Haven’t tried the rudder trim, but that could be a consideration too.

Removing the spring, “StanTGM”, the stick would be too loose. Doesnt seem a viable option.

There is no forward trim. “WildTurkey4411” The hat switch "
on screen" only clicks rearward. The forward trim in controller settings says button 2 witch is the “Y” button on the sidestick. It doesnt work either. I tried the co-pilot profile and the Heli spins like a top, the Helicopter profile is also no good, same thing happens. The only tail rotor profile that is solid (with tail rotor asistance turned on) is the Default profile. Somethings wonky. They really need to work on their Helicopter flight model. Its not very good.

1 Like