Technical repaint question with PBR textures - help please

Very basic question here that I cannot get my head around - please bear with me:

Slightly changing a PBR texture and loading up the sim changes parts of its behavior! The sim applies a darker green tint from below, but after altering the PBR texture (minimal parts only) the tint is applied upside down - coming from above!

I compared both the altered and the original file and I cannot find any difference.

Can someone please explain this to me like I am five?

What are doing to change the texture. The dds texture is reversed from the png. So if you use a dds texture and manipulate it, it may get reversed.

How can I prevent this?

I am opening the existing DDS texture in Photoshop, edit some parts and export it again.
The weird thing is both old and new texture behave differently in the sim but look the same in Photoshop.

I have not had too much experience with this, but I think you have to convert the dds to png, manipulate it and then reconvert back to dds, remembering to reverse it also. Usually the png to dds is done by the project build. So not sure how to do this without a project.

Hours and hours of exporting fun…

Problem solved at last with different image editing software… :roll_eyes: