Teide volcano in Tenerife island is not correct again

After Sim Update 5, The Volcano Teide in Tenerife Island, Spain is missing the higgest part. Please, check the Tenerife Island and fix the Teide in the next update. Thank you very much

1 Like

No one from Asobo / MS is reading this here.

Create a Zendesk ticket. Provide exact GPS coordinates, a description (screenshot) of what you think is wrong and provide evidence (Wikipedia, photos, Bing Maps, …) of what it should look/be like.

Wait a couple of months.

And lo and behold, it might get fixed.

If you fly a lot in the Canary Islands - instead of waiting for MS to fix it - I recommend you get Taburet’s 5m DEM package. It’s not expensive (USD 7.99) and the investment is definitely worth it. Finally Teide looks right, Masca Gorge is recognizable, La Palma’s Caldera de Taburiente looks much closer to the real thing, and all the hundreds of Barrancos have sharp edges.

Also I recommend this little mod to get rid of all the little streams and rivers that don’t exist in real life:

ooh. I’ve just planned a tour around Tenerife and was going to try

Spain Canary 20m DEM - High Resolution Terrain Elevation Data from LIDAR Imaging » Microsoft Flight Simulator

But think it clashes with the Tenerife Sur airport I’ve purchased. Will look at your suggestions

Moved to #bugs-and-issues:scenery

If that’s the airport by SimWings, it works reasonably well with both DEMs. I always load DEMs LAST (Put a ZZZ before the folder name) That way they normally don’t clash.

The 20m DEM is not bad but is not that much more detailed than the original one. Teide looks better though :slight_smile:

1 Like

La Palma - Barrancos

La Palma - Santa Cruz

La Palma - Taburiente

Tenerife - Las Canadas

Tenerife - Masca

Tenerife - Teide

Tenerife - Teide (with this mod: La Palma and Tenerife Observatories » Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Nice. I’m going to purchase your recommended DEM. I’ve cycled Masca and Teide! And due back there in 3 weeks :grin:

1 Like

Where did you get that photogrammetry scenery from?

If you mean the observatories: that’s not photogrammetry. It’s a mod by Droide available at flightsim.to