[Tell Tours] Switzerland - "From North To South" (Leg 1)

Event channel 1 on discord

where to find in Discord? sorry never used the app. Finally found it :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

That was so freaking awesome!! Leg 2 soooon!

!

2 Likes

2 Likes

That was great! Thank you.
I’m looking forward to the next tour.

■■■■ it, I forgot the flap :hot_face:

1 Like

Oh, someone was so brave and actually tried real weather there, as it seems :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for a great flight. Looking forward to the 2nd leg.

Oh, I didn‘t realise that there was even a Swiss themed livery for the X Cub :slight_smile:

And @ChruutvoLuzi, as you can see in the pictures above we all enjoyed circling around the Grosse Mythen (some managed to even land on top of it ;)).

1 Like

That looks awesome :laughing: unfortunately, it was a bit too late in the evening for myself to participate but hey, i‘m sure it wont be the last time

1 Like

X-Cub Classic Design Red Swiss Edition • Flight Simulator 2020

1 Like

Stop in Buochs (LSZC)

Circling the Great Mythen (Custom Scenery)

Arrival in Locarno (LSZL)

1 Like

Great Mythen

(Almost) by coincidence I went snowboarding in the area of the Great Mythen today. Again for comparison here are two photos that I made:

I also saw a Cessna (-like) airplane doing one circle around the mountain. So our flight plan wasn’t too unrealistic (the real-world airplane today circled a bit higher though - and for sure did not land on top of the mountain ;))

5 Likes

I have created a git repository:

GitHub - till213/Tell-Tours: Guided flight simulator tours - fly, show and tell.

Who knows… maybe there will be contributions from other places / countries as well? :slight_smile:

Yes indeed, the second leg will take place in a week:

[Tell Tours] Switzerland - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (Leg 2)

:wink:

I am very sorry that you do not want to organize any new flights. Your four flights through Switzerland were the best I’ve been through so far. (And I fly on a lot of community flights.)
Thanks a lot for this.

1 Like

Oh my, thank you for your kind words!

Yes, I think area-wise I pretty much covered Switzerland. It’s a tiny country, after all. That is not to say that there would still be lots of stories to be told - I guess every valley in the Alps alone has its unique stories! - and we haven’t really properly covered the north / north-east (e.g. Basel, St. Gallen, …). And the Jura (mountain chain in the north) would probably also deserve another fly-by…

But so far I covered what I wanted. However should Asobo release a scenery update for Switzerland & Austria (especially higher resolution for the Alps - let’s see what the upcoming France update does to the resolution of Mont Blanc etc.) then I will do another variation of the tour. Asobo, are you reading this? :wink:

That said, for those who missed the tour: all the flight plans and my notes are available on github:

I was hoping that other people would jump in and provide their “Tell Tours”. In fact, there was a very interesting Back in Time – World War 2 Exploration Guided Tour organised by @MatronlyApollo8 - but I think that series stalled (unless I had missed the follow-up tours).

Then there were (are) also guided tours (even officially held on the Microsoft twitter channel) by @SeedyL3205 who also provided interesting information about the visited locations. And I took part in other community tours where the organiser very obviously had made some extensive “wiki research” :slight_smile:

Anyway, if someone still feels like organising such “Tell Tours” about their country and/or wants to still share their existing notes and flight plans, contact me here, on Discord (Steeler#8662) or via github and I may add you as “github collaborator” for the above Tell Tours repository.

1 Like