[Tell Tours] Switzerland - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (Leg 2)

Thanks for this very interesting event! :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes

Thank you all for these nice pictures and especially Steeler for this great event!
Diogenes

1 Like

Thanks again, Steeler. That was an amazing flight. Very much looking forward to leg 3!

2 Likes

Thanks for joining @ChampionFlea226

I swear this is pure coincidence, but my wife suggested to do a ski week-end and she booked a hotel - which just happened to be close to the flying route. We were in Fiesch, which happens to be in Valais, very close to the Aletsch Glacier! I again took some photos which I’d like to share with you here:

The upper Valais (a couple of miles after Münster where we did our first landing)

The Aletsch Glacier

I must confess that I did not do enough justice to our Alps while doing my research: the guy in the aerial cableway (in Fiesch) old me a couple of interesting facts, for example the Jungfrau mountain - while being called “Top of Europe” by its marketing department :wink: - is not nearly the highest mountain of Europe (Mount Elbrus is).

While I was fairly certain about that the Jungfrau is not even the highest mountain of Switzerland. I am not sure whether I claimed that during our flight, but if I did: shame on me! The highest mountain completely located in Switzerland is the Dufourspitze, with an elevation of 4,634 m (15,203 ft), whereas the he Jungfrau is at a respectable 4,158 meters (13,642 ft).

We also could have spotted the Mattherhorn from Brig (from where we climbed the Aletsch Gletscher - you can actually see it in the second photo: it is the second peak from left, in the very far distance). Oh well :slight_smile:

Also many thanks to @HBXenomorph for the additional info, specifically about the Reichenbachfälle which I completely missed during my research! I will add this additional info to my “github repository” where I keep all my (upcoming) tours: GitHub - till213/Tell-Tours: Guided flight simulator tours - fly, show and tell. - but now I need to finalise my preparations for tomorrow’s upcoming leg 3 (“Smoke on the Water”) flight! :slight_smile:

1 Like