Temperature and altitude reporting are NOT fixed with the patch

You literally could not make this kind of stuff up. Now it looks like we need a hotfix for the hotfix. Then are we gonna to need a hotfix for that as well? QA must either be non-existent or consist of people who have no idea how people play flight sims. But if that’s the case I don’t know what their testing.

2 Likes

I have a problem with altitude reporting after Su5. ATC keeps telling me I am at the wrong altitude, despite altimeter settings set correctly. I have to descend or climb until I stopped getting nagged.

Yes, it’s still broken.

For the meantime they need to release a patch which gives us the option to manually set the temperature while using live weather while they try to figure out how to fix this mess.

1 Like

Was not an issue during beta testing

Just to add to the discussion, whenever I’m flying at cruise altitude (any cruise altitude) ATC keeps instructing me to expedite my climb. Tweaking with the barometer, I noticed that after last update and patch, the “correct” standard barometer setting isn’t 2992 but 2986 :man_facepalming:

Hey Bishop398 in the Cessna Longitude, the WT3000 center screen map is frozen, all the functionalities are there, but the map does not move. Any ideas on how to fix it?

2 Likes

Can anyone confirm if this is not an issue with REX Weather Force? I have this product and might just test and see if I can replicate this issue. I don’t use the default weather ever since I got that “thunderstorm” bug. (where most places have thunderstorms when they don’t). And the bug where the weather isn’t realistic after the second flight (so you have to restart the sim each time).

I don’t think it can be related to REX Weather Force if people not using REX Weather Force have the issue. (I have experienced the issue, and I do not use REX Weather Force.)

Disregard….see edits below.

For what it is worth, as a data point, I just now tested this with REX to see how things performed. On MSFS live weather, I’m experiencing the issue - currently flying at 12,500 feet connected to VatSim, but VatScope is reporting my altitude at 13,100 feet, despite correct altimeter settings. I then switched to clear skies and then injected live weather from REX Weather (which has been updated to their most recent technical update 1.5 to be compatible with SU5), and now VatScope and my indicated altitude agree (both reporting 12,500).

I’ll keep trying to confirm I can replicate, but as a single data point, it does seem REX is providing weather data that is allowing the Sim to provide the correct altitude reporting.

Edit: As a follow up, I turned MSFS live weather back on and it appeared to return to incorrect altitude reporting on VatScope.

Edit #2: this appears to not be the case. Flying again tonight has VatScope reporting incorrect altitude by 1800 feet (at FL360 on STD, reporting FL378 on VatScope) on REX.

The altitude issues are definitively an issue of the base sim. It begins with the indicated altitude not being correct when you set STD. In that case it should match pressure altitude which is only and really only based on ambient pressure. Also the variable pressure altitude is wrong and even does not match indicated altitude with STD. So it’s kind of double wrong. The smoothing algorithm is also only applied to indicated altitude. It really becomes an issue if sea level pressure is non STD. otherwise you could somehow live with it. But this is rarely the case as we know.

In short it’s just a mess…

5 Likes

This has nothing to do with fixing the problem. The issue isn’t just setting to 29.92 but way more complicated with temperature, pressure, etc

I had to abort my flight due to the crazy high temperatures at 36000ft. I switched to clear skies otherwise I’d not be able to climb up to 36000ft but speed was just not sustainable when I switched back to live weather. Hope it gets fixed soon.

It was an issue before, though. So I’m assuming then they had implemented a fix for the testing but screwed up and forgot to release it, or released the wrong thing, in the hotfix.

They have not been fixed, not even a little bit. I think they’re the reason why ATC suddenly can no longer tell what altitude you’re at, they’re the reason the plane hits a brick wall of air every few minutes, they’re causing me so many problems that I refuse to use this sim in IFR at altitudes above, say, 10,000ft until it’s been fixed.

I’m not too bothered about these so-called graphical ‘downgrades’. I’m perfectly happy with the performance gains I have gotten from them. But for God’s sakes, please do something about the Temp spikes.

How comes when Asobo does some update, they fix one thing then like clockwork break 3 more things that would seem completely unrelated? Why is that? Do they not test these things before releasing them? Because it would have taken ONE FLIGHT to realise there was something very wrong with the temp spikes.

Do they ever have some form of internal beta periods? Do these beta phases ever extend to the public? Does Asobo disagree that public betas before just unleashing these broken updates onto everyone are a good idea?

And by the way, the hell I had in trying to only GET Sim Update 5 the other day. Took me an hour to figure out how to download it, it certainly wasn’t by simply doing what I have done to download every other update, and then having finally got to the point where it downloaded it, I was treated to the kingly download speed of 0.15mb (that’s megaBITs, not megaBYTES, there are 8 bits to every 1 byte) for about 80% of the time. It would then have then 1 to 2 minute spurts of something approaching full speed. Meanwhile, people elsewhere in the world were downloading at speeds pretty close to normal.

Just what on earth was going on? 0.15megabits isn’t good enough. You’re Microsoft. It’s especially galling that guys in France, The US, Canada, Germany and other countries had virtually no throttling. Me here in the UK, with a 72mb per second normal download speed, I was throttled to virtually 0. The whole download, no joke, took over a day. It was over a day from first clicking the button, to finally getting inside the menus at the title screen.

And if I were to complain about it here, I would have had guys telling me to grow up, telling me how it was to be expected that we would experience throttling. I know this is what would have happened because I saw it happening to others here on this forum in realtime. Yeah, I expected throttling too. I didn’t expect to be throttled back to the year 1995.

Asobo, you have the benefit of Microsoft’s backing. Your servers should be some of the very best in the world when it comes to consumer products. I should expect to get the same sort of speeds as people in France and Germany got, I live no more than a 30 minute flight from Paris. Yet I got 56k dial up speeds for about 4 out of every 5 minutes, and the one minute out of 5 that was something approaching fast was still rarely more than about half of what my internet is capable of.

However, despite the way it looks in this now rather long post, despite the amount of space taken up by the download issue, I am most concerned with the Temperature spikes which you have said you already fixed. You haven’t!. For the love of all that’s holy, have a public beta period before releasing the actual updates in future! And actually fix the things you say you already fixed. And having released an update, try not to fix one thing only to break 3 others. Don’t force me, by some mandatory decree from on-high, to download (with 1995 dial up speeds to boot) some broken-■■■ update that you would know wasn’t fit for purpose if your testing included anything beyond taking off straight from the runway not even starting from C&D, doing one lap of the airport at 1000 feet, then landing again and just going back to the menus without even parking up and shutting down.

Thank you.

1 Like

I am totally agree with you. The most frustrating in all this is that Asobo does not even communicate on the resolution of this problem. We’ve been waiting for this update for so long. It was great but the hotfix just ruined SIM experience. The problems with temperatures just get the SIM useless for us who like fly airliners. And for me flying on a preset weather is just a joke. I am really really really disappointed about the communication of Asobo on this matter. We spent money to buy a product, money to download updates to finish with an unusable SIM. This is just unacceptable.

2 Likes

FL4000…

Maybe we can blame Global Warming? :wink:

Cue rimshot

I’ll be here all week folks…

2 Likes

Airliners …the real unrecognized " ignored and mistreated" users of fs2020 (where low & slow enhances scenery eyecandy and high&fast enhances problems) from the beginning.

2 Likes

I have to agree here, I’m on Xbox and most of my interest is in the neo at the minute, so the live weather/ATC bug is beyond annoying. It would be good to get some communication from them on this .

1 Like

The other day I was flying at FL360, and the temp reading said +91C. Not a single word of a lie.