Terrain elevation mesh - A cheat for a much more detailed and accurate mesh

Obviously we would all prefer to have as detailed a mesh as possible, but there is a purpose for doing this, its not without logic. I can understand it.

1 Like

You might want to ask this question on the MSFS Dev Support forum. It’s manned by Asobo Dev Team members, and 3rd Party Devs often chime in as well. It’s not a site we moderate, so we can’t move your post.

2 Likes

Thanks @CasualClick, I’ve open this thread with the purpose to inform other users and I have no intention to use the SDK to create scenarios, it’s not an SDK problem/question, anyway I already wrote there and I’ll share here with all other users what I learn about this.

1 Like

Okay thanks all, that’s true, if Falloff Distance exist now I know the reason. I’m only saying that users should be able to decide to activate it or not. I fly around SE Spain and I have been trying this metod to discover the real elevation mesh. I found no elevation glitches and the visual result is infinitely better.

In my case, and I’m sure much more other users form other areas without elevation glitches, we should be able to disable Falloff Distance easily with a generic option.

Or am I wrong and yes we can disable it? I mean, without edit manually every airfield and creating an SDK proyect xD

Nobody answer in the dev forum, maybe there is not a way to disable the falloff distance option for the entire airfield. Terrain elevation mesh - A cheat for a much more detailed and accurate mesh - Airports & Sceneries - MSFS DevSupport

Another good example:

This is the real one LECS:

VuelaDesigns released it here LECS - Aerodromo forestal Castell de Castells for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

2 Likes