Terrain over a large part of USA separated by giant dividing line of shadow

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Upon looking over most of the USA on world map if you zoom into ground level one the world map there is a huge dividing line that goes across most of the Country. It looks like half the Country is covered in shadow/grass. Not only does this appear when viewed on the world map but also in game.

If you go to Arizona and visit the meteor crater you can clearly see the dividing line where everything goes from bright desert to dark shadow. I can confirm that the shadowed area does not change with the time of day. I can also confirm that I do not have any scenery mods installed.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

35.0278° N, 111.0222° W

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Play the game and go to the coordinates above which is where the dividing line can be seen.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU12

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Not a bug - MSFS uses Bing Maps for satellite imagery.

zoom out/in
https://www.bing.com/maps/?cp=35.012099%7E-110.854074&lvl=12.8&style=a

I appreciate that it uses bing maps, but surely regardless of whether its pulling data from there or not it shouldnt look like that? Its certainly the first time im seeing it and ive visited the area before without issue.

This is technically a limitation of the satellite data we have for the area, but we are logging it as a bug to make the team aware so it can be looked at when better data is pulled for this area in the future. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: