Terrain Render Distance (NZ World update conflict w/ Orbx NZ Mesh)

I can see the terrain rendering in tiles when i fly low. There’s like a step from the foreground to the background terrain in squares. Wondering if there’s settings i can change to increase render distance (so I can’t see it changing before my eyes).

You can increase the terrain level of detail (TLOD) to fix this, but keep in mind this is one of the bigger CPU hitters that can lead to lower fps and stuttering.

I’ve had it upto 400 but doesn’t seem to change anything?

Is it this ridge like thing I underlined?

I was on my phone earlier and didn’t see it at first, so I thought you were talking about the textures only. I think this issue is more to do with the world mesh, which I’m not aware of a way to address other than hope it’s corrected with a sim or world update. I found a similar ridge earlier today flying along the Panama Canal.

yeah but it follows me like its some sort of radius or mesh loading and updates in tiles

Have you tried reducing the TLOD to see if this tiling goes away? If so it suggests to me that your system cannot keep up for some reason, not necessarily the specs either but maybe some other settings. My rig is pretty well maxed out,especially in VR, but I don’t see this happening, even with TLOD turned up high - but it then becomes a slideshow!

Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
16GB DDR4

I’ll show you what I mean.

The GTX 1080 was a good gaming GPU - for its time. I’d upgrade it if I were you.

I removed Orbx NZ Mesh, and it fix the issue. Obviously some conflict with the New Zealand world update.

1 Like