Thank you Asobo from PC players

For downgrading the game on pc severely, giving us god awful interface “improvements” and crashing the game more often than previous patches.

But hey, it runs well now, hooray, New York City looks like my childhood village from a distance but at least we have 60 fps now.

41 Likes

Yeah, its like you give your mclaren in maintenance and they replace the engine with a lawnmower engine and sell it to you as an improvement to save gasoline. Although this update has many nice features I really like, this quality sell off is tremendous and disappointing. I did not expect that one coming. :confounded:

9 Likes

Seriously, what are these posts…

24 Likes

Agreed. The experience on PC is not terrible. So yeah, frame rates are better, but graphics are dumbed down with terrible draw in and pop in.

Thanks for taking what was a potentially great sim in the making and dumbing it down to shoehorn it into a console.

18 Likes

Its a decent update and a step in the right direction .No matter what Asobo and MS does folks will always complain. I am guilty of it too :slight_smile:

7 Likes

For these people that played with low to middle graphics setting this update is improving the quality and performance. For those who had full ultra on their settings before, it now got downgraded. They just say its better, because they never saw how amazing it was before!

14 Likes

Know what you mean. Welcome to the new age of illiteracy.

2 Likes

Ofc they downgraded i always hated consoles for that

2 Likes

While I don’t think they added this aggressive culling (which causes the panning stutters and pop-in) only for the Xbox, because lots of PC users wanted better performance as well, what sets PC games apart from console versions is the ability to adjust graphics settings and I wish we’d see more of this with today’s update. Not everyone is willing to make this trade-off.

I would highly recommend participating in the following two threads, if the community asks for a way to bring the old LOD back (in a respectful way of course), I think they’ll respond.

3 Likes

Well, things were at least stable in the last version. This has so many bugs. It’s probably the worse update for me so far and I’ve got a high end computer.

So far, some graphics artifacts and glitches specially in reflections inside the cockpit. Keeps adding a new game pad preset when turning on the controller and cannot delete them. FBW A320 ipad not working. Keybindings all messed up. Jetways not showing up if too close (some camera clipping plane bugs or LODs, who knows). CTDs all over the place. It’s fair to complain, nicely, and inform these issues, we paid for this and some of us spend quite a lot in this platform through the Marketplace and it’s ok to have high standards for ourselves, it will only improve the sim further.

So yeah this definitely needs an update of the update.

3 Likes

I have been trying now to download without a CTD for 12 hours, I went from a playable game to a crock of ■■■■. I have no idea why this app throws so many random files all over the place and why it needs so many other apps to run. What a joke.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what people are crying about. I think it’s a beautiful update. I’ve been able to go from medium to high settings and it runs flawlessly. I’ve only seen a few minor bugs. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

5 Likes

You would be ■■■■■■ too if you can’t get it to even download without a CTD.

having suffered through FSX P3d and X plane over the years its never taken 12 hours to even get it to download. It’s a crock.

I had the CTD while downloading too. I had to uninstall the whole game and try again. It worked after uninstall the game. I’m using the steam VERSION FYI.

I’m able to now lock in 30fps on Ryzen 1950 and 1080TI. So I’m happy.

They screwed up everything, the HUD on my F22 is a black box now and not tinted or transparent like it should be, all my controls are screwed up including my Saitek flight stuff.

1 Like

I am one of the many waiting for the update to come in but wondered if I need to keep responding to the “mandatory update, click to play” etc messages or will the update come in when server capacity frees up.

Thanks

MikeJ

totally agree, my experience after the update has been very frustrating.

3 Likes

Mine as well. So much so that I am in fact considering to wait it out until Sim Update 6 while hoping that they finally fix some (of hundreds of) bugs instead of messing around.

You are happy with the update because you played on medium settings
Happy flying

Those not noticing it are blind, or use so low settings they do not see the downgrade. Experienced this several times when I then pointed them out what to look for using higher settings. Usually you then get the answer like: “oh, well, yes, but this is not so bad…”

2 Likes