Thank you Asobo from PC players

If that is your issue I would try a clean re-install. I am being honest when I say I can see New York now from further than in SU4, in both cases with everything in ultra.

You will experience pop-in if you turn your head very fast, but otherwise it should be rendered at the same or even more distance than before, your issue seems like a bug Belmont

Nah. Had my settings on ultra and after update have got only praise for Asobo. All still looks great at 1440p all ultra. Silky smooth, no ctd, no stutter, no problem with panning to left /right view. no issues at all. VERY HAPPY.

Reinstalling the game will definitly not fix photogrammetry + draw distance problems, so thanks but no thanks.

It’s not a bug, it’s just how you archieve “performance”, it works nicely in most games, but here it’s either bugged or not implemented properly.

Seeing trees + buildings disapear and appear when turning my head with Track-IR is just disapointing and immersion breaking.

1 Like

You want deny this downgrade and PoP up things?

1 Like

If most of us are not experiencing the issue you describe it is definitely an issue on your end, which may be caused by something Microsoft has done that is affecting your PC, but you will still need to take the time to test what is causing it and eliminate other factors if you want it to be solved.

I knew this thread was ironic at first sight, and I’m not wrong.

It’s only that I saw it coming, though… and got muzzled by thread lords a few days before the SU 5.

During flight you will not see that effect, you can only see it when turning the free camera super fast around.

I have been flying and I did not notice the effect until I tested it on purpose. This is a technique used in other games such as total war to unload what you don’t see, It does not bother me at all for flying.

But me, I mean when I fly I looking around always and I dont want popup city and trees

5 Likes

Additionally, I have the impression the view distance is reduced drastically. Mountains that were clearly rendered from 15 miles away are now rendered when I approach 5 miles to them. It almost hurts me to say this, because this SIM still is remarkable and awesome, but now just downgraded in its awesomeness.

5 Likes

I think what they want to achieve looks great on paper, but in reality, what their trying to achieve is just to complex. Updates are suppose to solve previous issues and enhance the gamers/simmers experience, but no matter how hard they are trying, it’s just causing issue after issue.

3 Likes

Are you certain that has nothing to do with needing the Cache to rebuild itself?
Honestly wondering how much of these complaints are actually just Cache, or server overload issues.

Seems like save your energy. I’m so tired of this.

Agree, FPS have increased but the update introduced a bunch of new glitches. Planning an IFR from Denver to Colorado Springs, the generated flight plan altitude drops down to 2000 feet, which is like 4000 feet underground. Can’t engage autopilot in the sim or via honeycomb bravo. Had to remove Navigraph and reinstall entire sim to stop constant CTD. Visuals look degraded at same settings I had before update. Prior to this update I did a complete reinstall of windows and the sim, things were working so well. This feels like a return to Aug 2020 with poor visuals which lets face it, was the only reason most people continued to play this sim. Had such high hopes for this update. MS/Osobo should make a commercial, “FS 2020, the game that makes you want to go outside and cut your lawn!”

5 Likes

You won’t experience it when looking around normally while flying, or you shouldn’t, I don’t at least, might wanna tweak your graphic options

EDIT: Here you have a video so you see I am not lying, the effect is not there while flying normally Egypt 4k - YouTube

Again, you are flying so close to the ground you won’t ever see what we are talking about.

1 Like

I rekon you’re right. Time to give it away. Only wish it was like the old days where you could sell your old games or trade them in for a different one…

3 Likes

yeah you see in front the city popup from 00:30

Well, I agree in most of things that can be blamed at Asobo about the lack of quality control in the update.

But blaming them for 3rd party addons that stop working is not one of them.

2 Likes

This 100%, you can’t blame them for 3rd party problems.

1 Like

Could be. I’m running at 1440p on Ultra sized monitor and not really seeing any particular graphical issues. Performance has also gone through the roof. In the Milviz Corsair around EGNM i’m getting around an extra 30 fps.

1 Like