Thank you for a wonderfull weekend - Hotfix Mircle

Just wanted to say thanks for a wonderful weekend, MS & Asobo! The hotfix 1.14.6 last Friday made great improvements and made MSFS flyable and enjoyable again! I had very poor performance since actually WU1 and did not have many issues as others with SU3 (this ‘bug’ came early for me for some reason). Since I had multiple bad experience with ZenDesk in the past, I did not even bother going down that route and thought that my performance pains were here to stay or I have to update my PC with costly set of upgrades.

Last week’s hotfix made a LOT of improvements where I can actually enjoy flying with High and some Ultra setting on my i7-6700K, 32 RAM, 5700XT GPU. Before hotfix, I thought my system was at EOL in order to play it without major issues. Had a great weekend flying. Thank you to MS / Asobo Team!

Items still on my high list:

1. Occasional random RAM growth maxing my 32GB RAM and starting to drop FPS to 4-5 ( 60% of the time I think it is related to increasing / decreasing sim rate speed, other 40% are random).

2. When using mouse over VFR Map or ATC, Camera window that we have moved to another monitor, the sim ignores all joystick inputs. I had ZenDesk ticket for 6 months but it did not go anywhere. I stopped using ATC and use LittleNav Map instead of the built-in map. This way, if my mouse is in LittleNav Map, joystick inputs still work. So far this workaround works for me but would be a nice fix for others.

3. Still seeing random stutters when CPU and GPU are not maxed. I have good internet speed for online data. Last fix made things much better but still need some optimization.

4. Areas still need PG optimization: London, UK and Denver, CO .

5. Still seeing random issues where landing / taking off and hitting an invisible wall / crash. Seems random. No known solution to that.

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussion: Patch Version 1.14.6.0

Hi there,
Glad to hear it was fixed for you!
I have moved your topic into the general thread for 1.14.6.0. Your post is here:

Regarding this,

I have this, too with my CPU and GPU not maxed out. I just wanted to make sure it’s clear that the patch notes say,

Also regarding this,

In one of the recent Dev Q&As, Jorg said that they intend to revisit London photogrammetry at some point. See this:

1 Like