Thank you for releasing VR before making setup to be perfect

I have 1080 Ti and i7 6700k, Oculus CV1. Therefore, my machine is pretty much outdated.

It took me about an hour and half to update all the software, tune settings, restart 5 times so in result everything works and looks great.

I am fuc…ing happy now. It’s better to spend a couple of hours on playing with software, than waiting for several months for further improvements.

Now I have spend some time on removing X-Plane, as I don’t need it anymore.

You made my Christmas, Asobo. Have a great too.

7 Likes

I have a similar setup, but just a GTX1080 and I am still very happy with the results.

There is now an RTX3080 and probably a G2 on my shopping list, but the money will be in my account for sometime yet, with the apparent shortages of both. Maybe the 3080ti will come to the rescue? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now I can’t even get 3080 im my country. But yes, I am sure it will be a great improvement

They really need properly implemented tracked controllers. But I am very happy they released it without those yet, because they take a lot of work to do it right.

how can people say “runs smooth” “im happy” “bla bla” with a 1080?
even if you can get 30 fps, it is a judder-stutter-puking-motion-sickness fest

Because it is, and they are.

Come over some time, I’ll prove it.

1 Like

You have something wrong with settings if it doesn’t work for you. It’s maybe less smooth than Aerofly (that is a masterpiece in relation to VR) but it I have subjectively twice higher FPS, that X-Plane (that is also fine with me). Even after long flight with constant head moving, no problems with FPS and Motion sickness.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.