I have long been slamming the dev team in their two steps forward one step backward attitude and breaking things while fixing the others…
But this time around, after a long while, I really want to thank the MS / Asobo team to bring the sim into a both flyable and enjoyable state.
there are still minor issues as
- toolbar arrow that won’t go
- night lighting only immersive depending on render scale setting
- terminal jetways on and off
- downgraded clouds textures, but still saw a slight improvement with the latest WU
- airliners hangar exterior view gone
however, in general, it’s pretty much where I want to see the sim
- super smooth, almost no stutters with everything maxed out, including LOD set at 5 and above
- render scale might well be set between 110 - 150 without a compromise except for impact on night lighting
- photogrammetry is thus become ■■■■ enjoyable no more melted buildings or nuked down towns
Last but not the least addition of DX12 and Seasons soon will undoubtedly make the sim a veritable top notch player in the sim world.