The 1935 Douglas DC-3

if you really want to access cabin (in flight without using drone) l m pretty sure you can, following this little camera trick :wink:
edit add : you can found the camera.cfg in the “microsoft-aircraft-dc3” folder (will edit if it s somewhere else)
(value -40 instead of -26 should be good) so you will have -40.10 will give you access to the back)

Official\Steam(or Onestore)\microsoft-aircraft-dc3\SimObjects\Airplanes\douglas-dc3

4 Likes

You are right
it climb like bird on take off.

1 Like

I was looking through the documentation and found a reference of the C-47 on the last page:
“Using the keystroke combination ctrl/E will OVER RIDE most of the specially written programming code in the C47/DC-3”
So it definitley is possible that the C-47 will still release or else this mention would have probably been taken out (or it was not noticed).

2 Likes

So no official statement about C-47 ? We have to guess ?

2 Likes

Best thing I found to do is take off at 3/4 throttle and the tail comes up OK.

1 Like

I really like the rattle sound when aircraft is close to stall speed :smiley::smiley::smiley:

5 Likes

super stoked to check out this bird! I’ll def have some questions. a couple t get going:

1. is there an EFB to control options like the DHC-2 has?
  2. how do you open the cockpit doors (outside and cabin)?
  3. how do you open the main passenger door?
1 Like

If you’re on a PC then there is full manual in the
“C:\Users.
\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-dc3\Documentation”

folder. Hopefully Asobo will upload it soon and/or allow one of us to post a copy of the PDF for the XBox users in the community.

6 Likes

This aircraft is a C-47. Look at the data plate above the hydraulic controls.

1 Like

Have not found any of these features. I hope the operating doors get added at some point like they did for the Ju-52. You can move your viewpoint to “walk” through the closed cabin door to see the modelled cargo bay though.

I’m pretty stoked to finally have a DC-3 in MSFS. I like it enough that if AH were allowed to market a C-47 version with all the extra bits I’d purchase it!

3 Likes

Haven’t found a cockpit door switch, but lower right in the cockpit are three switches for ground static items, cargo door, and passenger doors.

4 Likes

This aircraft looks fantastic! I flew it a bit but need to get more familiar with it. REALLY excited to fly it more than the 15 minute flight I did earlier. And excited for the free livery pack, especially the C-47 livery. I’m assuming that will be released on Xbox as well?

However, one issue is that when I push my quickview right, the camera instead looks back to the left engine, so I can’t easily look right.

3 Likes

seems to fly OK for me. Infact the whole update seems very good. HDR10 brilliant.
The Goose reacts like a wet dishcloth which is just right. Love that plane.

1 Like

Yes, it is a C-47 the DC3 has a slightly more pointed and slightly longer nose than the C-47. That was the first thing that I noticed from the outside view and as you mentioned the specs are different.

Top photo DC3 and the bottom one a C-47.

3 Likes

Sweet. Thanks for that!

2 Likes

thanks, i just found those as well. so at least able to open door for passengers. however there’s currently no way to get into the cockpit as both the inner and outer cockpit doors won’t open as of yet. hope theres a way!

1 Like

I agree, me too :grinning:

1 Like

Anyone else having issue with the autopilot? First it didn’t want to hold the VS I set (kept changing it) and then it leveled out thousands of feet before the altitude I set (circled in screenshot). This is just using the basic AP panel so I know how it normally behaves. ANyone else?

1 Like

It’s not about military aircraft. It’s about weapons. All military aircraft sold through the Marketplace or included in a DLC (like the Hornet) have to be de-militarized. Including removing bombs and rockets from the wings and any type of gun barrels - even when they can neither be fired/dropped.
This been the case ever since MSFS came out and the devs were very consistent about that.
A military C-47 is absolutely no problem in MSFS. However dropping paratroopes is effectively deploying a weapon. So it is unlikely it will ever be implemented directly.
However, since AH seems to have had this ready for deployment, they might offer it as an addon (which won’t be available in the Marketplace obviously). Not sure if their contract with MS/Asobo allows that though.

4 Likes

Has the baro setting been correct?

1 Like